Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other day while cleaning my chain, i noticed a faint smell of gas, so i started looking at the fuel pump a little closer and noticed it was damp looking around the base of the fuel pump flange. i have never noticed any drops of fuel on the swingarm or floor, nor have i noticed any droplets forming on the bottom of the tank, but it does seem to be staying damp. when i had the bike in for the 7500 mile service, they did change the fuel filter, so i know the pump has been removed and refitted. i have removed the fuel pump cover and cleaned up all the wetness. and torqued the bolts to 5nm as called out in the shop manuel. now after a couple days of riding, about a tank and a half of fuel, i am starting to notice the wetness return. anyone notice anything like this? it seems to me that it should be bone dry all the time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
not sure if i found the problem but i removed the fuel pump, and found alot of dirt under the oring in the groove on the pump, i cleaned it all up and put it back togather, hopefully its sealed up good now.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts