Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fuel pump is spitting fuel out the little hole next to the nipple for the fuel line. has new fuel lines. any answers?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts

·
Come in Spinner :)
8,159 Posts
Far as I know that's a pump relief valve so I'd check the main pressure regulator isn't stuck closed.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Far as I know that's a pump relief valve so I'd check the main pressure regulator isn't stuck closed.
Yes, when I had a blockage at the tank fitting (due to expanding internal 'O' ring in the fitting closing off the fuel flow) it spat loads out of there due to having nowhere else to go.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
replaced the regulator last night still have the same problem. going to assume its the pump. it get 3 bars of pressure though.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Dumb question, do you have it connected to a circuit (ie throttle body with the return) or are you bench testing it with only the outlet connected (ie straight to a pressure gauge)? If you were running it without a return I'd imagine it would back up when it pressures up.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, its in the bike . Put all new neoprene fuel lines in 2 days ago. New fuel disconnects good filter ect. No obstructions in the fuel lines.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
changed the pump, lines, regulator, nothhing no change. turns out it was thd air/fuel separator was bad.problem ffixed now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts