Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please confirm key they fuel pump primes when you turn the key to ON, but with the ENGINE STOP/KILL in the STOP or OFF position.

My 999R only primes when I have my ENGINE STOP is in the RUN position and turn key on. If it's in the STOP position and I turn the key on it doesn't prime. Even if I then turn the ENGINE STOP switch to RUN after the key is turned on, the fuel pump doesn't prime.

I switched to a Microtec ECU and could swear it used to prime either way.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I can't verify because my bike is in many pieces at the moment, but from memory it primes if you turn the key on with the kill switch in the run position. If the kill switch is in the off position, it doesn't prime until you switch it to on, at which point in time it will prime.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I can't verify because my bike is in many pieces at the moment, but from memory it primes if you turn the key on with the kill switch in the run position. If the kill switch is in the off position, it doesn't prime until you switch it to on, at which point in time it will prime.
you are correct.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks to you two for helping me clarify this. Just as info for others, on a Microtec ecu, the fuel pump prime will the ignition kill is in the ON position prior to turning the key on.

If the ignition kill is in the OFF position, it will prime if switched to the ON position within 3 seconds of turning the key on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts