Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
In STL, there is MotoEuropa, located by the Moto Museum, and Donelson's in St. Ann, for Ducati parts. I have bought Ducati parts from both places, so there are parts available locally. No shipping charges when you walk in the doors...

Fred
MotoEuropa is very cool. Super nice guys too! The bikes there are beautiful.

I just test drove the bike and its better than ever! I will give it the highway test soon.

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #122 (Edited)
UPDATE: The bike ran great after the new fuel pump and filters, but now it is leaking fuel from a carb after a couple of rides. It looks like the float overflow?

I would guess I need to do carb rebuild since my tank was so loaded up with debris?

-What carbs do I have on a stock '93 750ss, Mikuni BDST 38-B70?

-Where do I find a rebuild kit for it?

-Do I need to do a jetting for the 2-1 DND exhaust conversion I did? When its running properly, it doesn't seem to need it, but I find it hard to believe that it doesn't need it. Are there better Main and Pilot Jet sizes for this exhaust?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
664 Posts
'93 750SS.....

You are welcome to borrow my Haynes Manual 600,750,900 2 valve V-twins '91-'96. Could be of help to you. You have my number. Texted you the rebuild kit info @ 5:40pm.

Fred

·
Registered
333 Posts
UPDATE: The bike ran great after the new fuel pump and filters, but now it is leaking fuel from a carb after a couple of rides. It looks like the float overflow?

I would guess I need to do carb rebuild since my tank was so loaded up with debris?

-What carbs do I have on a stock '93 750ss, Mikuni BDST 38-B70?

-Where do I find a rebuild kit for it?

-Do I need to do a jetting for the 2-1 DND exhaust conversion I did? When its running properly, it doesn't seem to need it, but I find it hard to believe that it doesn't need it. Are there better Main and Pilot Jet sizes for this exhaust?

Thanks guys!
Probably either the circumferential o-ring gasket that fits in the groove in the bowl has dried out and/or the float valves not sealing that let fuel into bowl. The latter have a conical rubber seal that seats against the brass seat in carb body and stop the flow of gas when the floats push against it - works like a toilet bowl float. The valves are notorious for failing with the shit fuel we have. It could also be that the floats themselves have failed and are filling with gas - thus making them not floats any longer, allowing gas to continue to run into the bowl. Take them out and see if there is fluid in them - but not a common problem.

·
Registered
333 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
You are welcome to borrow my Haynes Manual 600,750,900 2 valve V-twins '91-'96. Could be of help to you. You have my number. Texted you the rebuild kit info @ 5:40pm.

Fred
Thanks again Fred! Ill find out more tomorrow hopefully. Great chatting and Ill let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Probably either the circumferential o-ring gasket that fits in the groove in the bowl has dried out and/or the float valves not sealing that let fuel into bowl. The latter have a conical rubber seal that seats against the brass seat in carb body and stop the flow of gas when the floats push against it - works like a toilet bowl float. The valves are notorious for failing with the shit fuel we have. It could also be that the floats themselves have failed and are filling with gas - thus making them not floats any longer, allowing gas to continue to run into the bowl. Take them out and see if there is fluid in them - but not a common problem.
Thanks again casor. That link has a great price for 2x kits. My mechanic partially rebuilt these a year ago for the previous owner. My tank really cleaned up nice, but I didn't rinse all the debris out of the small tubes good enough. I had some left over rust flakes in the feed tubes or tank valve that the outside micro filter caught, then the carb started leaking again. I want to see whats up for myself now for sure.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #128 (Edited)
I misspoke in my last, the carb gasket is a rather complex shape made specifically for the BDST 38.

Can be seen here along with the rest of the annoying parts needed:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Ducati-91-97-750SS-SuperSport-Carburetor-Carb-Rebuild-Kit-2-KITS-/323735369147?hash=item4b6021b5bb

Carbs are out! I grabbed this kit. Thanks again Fred and casor!

I noticed my tank valve is leaking when its closed.

Mornington shows this part #
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-Ducati-900SS-others-using-12mm-OD-NOS-fuel-tank-petcock-valve-58840051A/173878175538?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Do I need the entire valve assembly or is there an o ring I can change out instead?

Does this change the performance when open if its leaking when closed?

·
Registered
333 Posts
It would be helpful to know where it's leaking, such as where it fits to the tank or though the body of the valve. If just where it fits up, Belmetric has a ton of metric orings and seals. From the Ebay link, it looks like you need a hollow crush washer which actually crushes under torque, thus providing a superior seal. Measure the old one accurately.

I have never taken one of these apart, so if it's the body of the valve leaking, take your chances and disassemble it if it can be. Rubber seals should be Viton

https://www.belmetric.com/drain-plugs-and-gaskets-c-11.html

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Update: Thanks again Fredsmoot23 and Wounded Duc. I just finished installing a different set of much nicer carbs off of a 1995 900ss. Rebuild kits for 750ss.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts