Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a replacement for the grommet that seals the wires that pass through the the fuel pump flange?

·
Official Retired Person
7,489 Posts
So far, I haven't needed one. What happened?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[ QUOTE=ncgt1000;6948101]So far, I haven't needed one. What happened?[/QUOTE]

Leaking fuel along wires

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
AFAIK, Ducati only sells this as an "assembly". Your options are buying a complete new or used assembly, or possibly trying to seal from the inside or clean it up, which would no doubt be trial and error.

A number of us have transferred the grommet from the stock base plate to a Motowheels billet plate, so it CAN be removed, but frankly it was the biggest PIA of the install.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, the parts diagram only shows it as an assembly, but some older bikes (eg St4s) show the wire/grommet separately from the flange. Wonder if that wrire/grommet part would fit on our flanges.
Actually mine is on the motowheel flange which I transferred over a couple years ago and just started leaking recently. Another motowheel flange I had done several years ago is still fine so far... hope I didn’t just jinx myself

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I have just been through this omg my 08HyperS if it is the same problem.

Would this work?
http://desmotimes.com/Images/product/California_Cycleworks/flange_kit.jpg

I had replaced the o-rings on the molded plug and used a Mity Vac with a hose large enough to run the wires into, then pressurized and drew a vacuum to push and pull epoxy into the wire junction. I had reassembled everything and put a little smear of Permatex Grey Super Gasket Maker on top before replacing the circlip. All is well now.

t_bare

Reactions: Blitzen

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have just been through this omg my 08HyperS if it is the same problem.

Would this work?
http://desmotimes.com/Images/product/California_Cycleworks/flange_kit.jpg

I had replaced the o-rings on the molded plug and used a Mity Vac with a hose large enough to run the wires into, then pressurized and drew a vacuum to push and pull epoxy into the wire junction. I had reassembled everything and put a little smear of Permatex Grey Super Gasket Maker on top before replacing the circlip. All is well now.

t_bare
The Hyper and the Sport Classics are the same so that would not work. Are you the same person who was having a discussion
with Chris from CA Cycle works about his F Wires and when you asked what he used to seal them he told you Devcon 2 ton
expoy?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The Hyper and the Sport Classics are the same so that would not work. Are you the same person who was having a discussion
with Chris from CA Cycle works about his F Wires and when you asked what he used to seal them he told you Devcon 2 ton
expoy?
Ummm Yes? You stalking me bro?

t_bare

1 - 9 of 9 Posts