Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 749 that needs a fuel pump. I bought a pump off ebay from a 2005 749. The main difference I can see is the way the fuel lines connect to the unit.

What are my options? Is it possible to take the metal base off my 2003 pump and attach it to the 2005 pump? If I can't do that I'm sure I will need to order some parts. It looks like the 2005 uses some sort of quick disconnect fitting.

Any help would be great

·
Registered
21 Posts
You probably out-bided me for that fuel pump. I've been trying to buy a decently priced spare for my race bike. If you decide to sell it, let me know, because I am interested. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bella749 said:
I thought all the series had QD fittings... I suppose you can fit QD fittings to the supply and return lines. Section8 has OEM replacements ~$10 ea.
Thanks for the link. I just bought a couple Section8 QDs.. Yeah I guess the 2003 just has hardlines that come out of the pump and bend 90 degrees.

Are there any special clamps I need to buy to attach the hoses? Or do I just reuse the ones that are on my bike now?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
GiggityNH said:
Are there any special clamps I need to buy to attach the hoses? Or do I just reuse the ones that are on my bike now?
You can reuse the original clamps, but they can sometimes be a PITA if you don't have the correct pliers. Or, you can use some small automotive hose clamps. Position the screw so it doesnt interfere with the frame or the tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts