Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can guide me on this. My bike was losing power at high RPMS and spraying fuel out of the top of the cap. When I took the cap off and the fuel assembly out I replced all of the hoses and the fuel filter, put it back together and started it up. It starts fine, but it is still sprying fuel all over the inside of the tank. The fuel actually sprays from the back of the tank across the fueling hole, I can see it spray across with a flashlight, but cant see where it is spraying from. Now the kicker, when I disoconnect the yellow fuel line and start it up with just the black line connected the sprayng ceases, has anyone seen this before, I am thinking the injector to the yellow fuel line is clogged causing the fuel to spray back in the tank. ?Any ideas?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any ideas fellas? also I broke doen the bike to the throttle bodies but could not get the injector out of the bike-- Anyone know the secret on this?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hoping someone can guide me on this. My bike was losing power at high RPMS and spraying fuel out of the top of the cap. When I took the cap off and the fuel assembly out I replced all of the hoses and the fuel filter, put it back together and started it up. It starts fine, but it is still sprying fuel all over the inside of the tank. The fuel actually sprays from the back of the tank across the fueling hole, I can see it spray across with a flashlight, but cant see where it is spraying from. Now the kicker, when I disoconnect the yellow fuel line and start it up with just the black line connected the sprayng ceases, has anyone seen this before, I am thinking the injector to the yellow fuel line is clogged causing the fuel to spray back in the tank. ?Any ideas?

hhhmmm... at least you know what your problem is..
why not just get the opinion of mechanics and have them check it...
if you dont know what your doin you could end up spending more..

just a thought...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Pull the tank off, remove fuel pump assembly and check for cracks. Also check all hoses in tank for cracks. If those are clear, then start looking for problems down the line. Replace fuel filter as well it may be clogged

·
Registered
94 Posts
Take it easy.
The fuel "spray" on the inside of the tank is normal.
The pump builds upp presure, and when fuel is not needed for the engine it gets sprayed back into the tank.

"at high RPMS and spraying fuel out of the top of the cap."
Do you mean out of the fuel cap ? So you get fuel "in you face" when you are riding ?

Losing power at high rpms.
Did you change the fuel filter? - Yes you did.. :)
Check electrical connections.
Check the battery ground/connections.
Check the fuel injection connection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts