Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an '01 750SS that was a bit neglected before I got it. Is the fuel pressure regulator supposed to be hooked up to intake vacuum? There is a nipple on it that is not connected to anything and the two ports on the intakes have a hose joining them together. On some cars I've worked on the regulator does adjust the fuel pressure by way of vacuum. Don't know if this is different.
Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that no, it's not different than the cars with it hooked up to vacuum, or no, it's not hooked up.

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Its not hooked up. Hope that helps. Are you having problems or just asking?
Good luck with your new bike.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, yes it does help. yes, I am having problems with it running badly. I'm just starting to look at each thing and figure it out. I'm suspecting a vacuum leak somewhere. the symptoms are pretty consistent with that .

·
8,278 Posts
What other problems are you having, do you have any records on the maintenance of the bike? Valves adjusted, timing belts, spark plugs, air cleaner,
etc...? What is the bike doing? I am no ace mechanic but I am sure that there is some on here that will help. Do you have any kind of maintenance manual?
Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, the bike had kind of a hard life before I got it. It was neglected, dirty, broken bodywork, road rash here and there, etc. But, it seemed to run well and on the few rides I've had handles great even for a non-adjustable front end and Sachs shock. Plus, the price was impossible to ignore even if it were in pieces and didn't run at all.
The previous owner did have the valves/belts, spark plugs, air filter, oil & filter, etc all done before putting it away last fall at a dealer that I fully trust (I used to work there many years ago). I myself have replaced the bad clutch slave and master cylinders, fuel filter, cleared out fuel tank vent lines, took apart the gas cap and cleaned it out, cleaned the airbox and throttle bodies w/spray cleaner, replaced leaky crank breather valve, and many other minor items. It's now missing/chugging and generally running very rough in the mid-range, especially when the outside air temp is quite warm or after a highway run. I can be bad enough that it's a real handful to ride. I'm just going to start checking everything bit-by-bit to see where the problem is.
I have already received some good help and suggestions from others on the site. Good group of people.

·
8,278 Posts
Have you synced the throttle bodies? That may help along with getting the tps set.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, I haven't done those things yet. After all the other work I've done, I had to sit back a little while and get over the frustration of having this new problem get progressively worse. But, I did do a compression test and checked the vacuum as starting points. Both came out good. So hopefully I'll be able to pinpoint the problem(s).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts