Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

fuel line disconnects

1814 8
ok, i have an extra tank and set of fairings. i was going to paint them black. the fariings change quick enough, but what about the tank? are the stock disconnects a real pain? should i buy a set of metal ones off ebay? somewhere else? thanks in advance.
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
I know people complain about the plastic ones but I haven't had any issues with them so far.

Does your new gas tank have the complete fuel pump/filter assembly too already? That thing is a pain to remove and replace. It's not something I enjoy working on personally.

·
Banned
312 Posts
If you're talking about where the fuel lines plug into the bottom of the tank, they are super easy. Just push the tab while pulling on the line and they should just pop right off. They are color coded too.

·
Registered
457 Posts
sps said:
If you're talking about where the fuel lines plug into the bottom of the tank, they are super easy. Just push the tab while pulling on the line and they should just pop right off. They are color coded too.
Are they one way self closing? Or does gas come out when you disconnect?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Jus_Livin said:
Are they one way self closing? Or does gas come out when you disconnect?
The QD's are one way [provided they are functioning properly]

McMaster Carr sells the CPC disconnects for a fair price

I generally grease the o-ring each time before I reinsert the male end. It just makes it go in easier with less risk of tearing the ring [the main reason for leaks]

·
Registered
457 Posts
blade625CT said:
The QD's are one way [provided they are functioning properly]

McMaster Carr sells the CPC disconnects for a fair price

I generally grease the o-ring each time before I reinsert the male end. It just makes it go in easier with less risk of tearing the ring [the main reason for leaks]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.