Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I thought I would share some information and photos I made when checking my floats.
Here’s the float level set at 14mm using the larger of the two.

This one showing the bike is level for the fuel level.

Finally, the fuel level with floats set to 14mm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
My theory is that you are adjusting float level to obtain the proper fuel level and if the fuel level isn’t correct you adjust the float level to alter the fuel level. Therefore you should check fuel level to find out if you need to change float level , because you may not need to change fuel level. Is that perfectly clear ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My theory is that you are adjusting float level to obtain the proper fuel level and if the fuel level isn’t correct you adjust the float level to alter the fuel level. Therefore you should check fuel level to find out if you need to change float level , because you may not need to change fuel level. Is that perfectly clear ?

Yes, just trying to show the relationship between the two.

BTW, the title has a typo, it should read “vs” and not bs. I couldn’t figure out how to edit the title. Now it’s fixed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
235 Posts
Here’s the final pic
I can confirm this results.
I recently set my float height to 14mm and got the same result when checking the fuel level with a clear tube.

So yes, it is probably a good idea to check the fuel level before pulling the carbs.
If the levels are good, don't worry about the float heights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts