Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you so much for the reply. One more clarification... if I tackle replacing the fuel level sensor myself will the bike still run? I want to be able to drive it to the Ducati shop to reflash the CPU.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm almost certain that you will be able to ride it. It may throw some error message(s) and in the worst case the bike will get into limp mode (unlikely) but you will be able to use it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My fuel sensor has been acting kind of stupid lately. I guess I'll be the next victim to this faulty part.
Me too. Mine seems to be related to temp. When the bike has been sitting or when riding in cooler temps the gauge works fine but once the fuel in the tank warms up a little I get the classic symptoms.
I guess I'll wait until my next service to get it fixed.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Guys don't waist time and money on that faulty sensor and those annoying flashing error, this is a non fixable issue!. Get one of those bypass connectors from fleebay and be done with it! Installed two, multi and di :cool:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Guys don't waist time and money on that faulty sensor and those annoying flashing error, this is a non fixable issue!. Get one of those bypass connectors from fleebay and be done with it! Installed two, multi and di :cool:
I saw a youtube video that appears to show faulty solder points. If you get a new sensor, it's just going to have the same poor soldered connections and end up the same way, but if you re-solder the points yourself, it seems to be a permanent fix?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I saw a youtube video that appears to show faulty solder points. If you get a new sensor, it's just going to have the same poor soldered connections and end up the same way, but if you re-solder the points yourself, it seems to be a permanent fix?
That's one problem besides, float expansion, fuel type used and one or two more I read about since I have been reading about this problem on a couple of sites.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mine on my 2014 was replaced in the first year if I recall and been good since. Just under 13k miles now and bike just got out of service at dealer, the 15k service, and when I picked it up today the fuel sensor error happened. Never had that before, but, I have just replaced the midpipe and removed the charcoal canister and bike actually been doing through the summer. Dealer put some fuel system cleaner in tank and said try that and maybe it will clean the sensor so it will slide freely. Well see. If not hope they will replace, they know it was fine when they got the bike and when I was there to pick it up.

What's this bypass thing mentioned above?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Piscatory that sensor bypass is a connector that when the you have had enough with flashing lights and fuel sensor errors, you remove the fuel connector from the tank sensor and plug this bypass connector. It will stop those errors and flashing lights. It will tell your system you have fuel, BUT you now have to keep track of your mileage as if you had no fuel level gauge. Basically, It tricks he system that you have fuel. I have one in my Multi and one in the Diavel for over a year now. I think it was on EBay that I got them from.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Piscatory that sensor bypass is a connector that when the you have had enough with flashing lights and fuel sensor errors, you remove the fuel connector from the tank sensor and plug this bypass connector. It will stop those errors and flashing lights. It will tell your system you have fuel, BUT you now have to keep track of your mileage as if you had no fuel level gauge. Basically, It tricks he system that you have fuel. I have one in my Multi and one in the Diavel for over a year now. I think it was on EBay that I got them from.
I took your advice and ordered one. Super easy to install and works as claimed. I'll use it until my next service when I have the sensor fixed under warranty.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts