Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you so much for the reply. One more clarification... if I tackle replacing the fuel level sensor myself will the bike still run? I want to be able to drive it to the Ducati shop to reflash the CPU.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm almost certain that you will be able to ride it. It may throw some error message(s) and in the worst case the bike will get into limp mode (unlikely) but you will be able to use it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My fuel sensor has been acting kind of stupid lately. I guess I'll be the next victim to this faulty part.
Me too. Mine seems to be related to temp. When the bike has been sitting or when riding in cooler temps the gauge works fine but once the fuel in the tank warms up a little I get the classic symptoms.
I guess I'll wait until my next service to get it fixed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Guys don't waist time and money on that faulty sensor and those annoying flashing error, this is a non fixable issue!. Get one of those bypass connectors from fleebay and be done with it! Installed two, multi and di :cool:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Guys don't waist time and money on that faulty sensor and those annoying flashing error, this is a non fixable issue!. Get one of those bypass connectors from fleebay and be done with it! Installed two, multi and di :cool:
I saw a youtube video that appears to show faulty solder points. If you get a new sensor, it's just going to have the same poor soldered connections and end up the same way, but if you re-solder the points yourself, it seems to be a permanent fix?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I saw a youtube video that appears to show faulty solder points. If you get a new sensor, it's just going to have the same poor soldered connections and end up the same way, but if you re-solder the points yourself, it seems to be a permanent fix?
That's one problem besides, float expansion, fuel type used and one or two more I read about since I have been reading about this problem on a couple of sites.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts