Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rode the DGR 2 weeks ago and had no issues with my bike. Started it up again today and it's dripping fuel all over the floor! Dripping stops when I turn the engine off. Starts again if I turn the ignition key to on. Even if I don't start the engine

Any ideas?

Ive never had the tank off, is it easy enough?

Thanks

·
Registered
Ducati Paul Smart
19 Posts
Yes, tank is easy to remove. It looks like the leak is coming from near the front, or a vent. Is the tank full? Heat may have expanded it and and its burping a bit. I was expecting the video to show fuel leaking at the rear of the tank where the quick disconnects are. Check/confirm that. You may not have an issue...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, tank is easy to remove. It looks like the leak is coming from near the front, or a vent. Is the tank full? Heat may have expanded it and and its burping a bit. I was expecting the video to show fuel leaking at the rear of the tank where the quick disconnects are. Check/confirm that. You may not have an issue...
It was pretty much running down the outsides of the black hoses on the left side of the tank. There was a decent pool underneath. Never done it before?

·
Registered
2001 S4, 2000 750ie Sport
626 Posts
Not sure what the underside of an SC tank is like but my S4 did a similar thing to me a while ago.
It turned out to be a slightly loose clamp holding the pressurised outlet hose from the fuel tank at the tank.
If you're talking about removing the tank it's probably not a leaking tank like the monsters get around the hinge to flip the tank up.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts

it looks like your bleed hose is a lose connection.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the tank raised this morning. Wasn't the breather hose sadly. Someone has added aftermarket braided fuel hoses at some point and one of them is leaking.

I take it the tank needs to be drained and removed to swap hoses over? If so I'll probably just ask the garage to do it when they put on new belts and check the valve guides. I'll struggle to find a full day free with a 5 year old to get anything more than an oil change done myself!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
No, the tank does not need to be drained, when you disconnect the hoses from the fuel pump the holes automatically seal.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, the tank does not need to be drained, when you disconnect the hoses from the fuel pump the holes automatically seal.
Thanks for the quick reply. So can you give me an idiots guide to where I can find replacement parts in the uk and how I swap the hose over without petrol pissing all over my bike please 🙏🏼

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. So can you give me an idiots guide to where I can find replacement parts in the uk and how I swap the hose over without petrol pissing all over my bike please 🙏🏼
this may be helpful. it is not hard once you see it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
there has to be a UK equivalent to mcmaster-car i would imagine.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
this may be helpful. it is not hard once you see it.
Thanks, that looks easy enough. So the only things attached to the tank are

1 Breather hose
1 Overflow hose
2 x Fuel lines
1 x Wiring connector

And the tank self seals once the fuel lines have drained?

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Thanks, that looks easy enough. So the only things attached to the tank are

1 Breather hose
1 Overflow hose
2 x Fuel lines
1 x Wiring connector

And the tank self seals once the fuel lines have drained?
yep.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
You will get some fuel leaking from the fuel lines when you first disconnect them, but don't panic, that is normal.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I keep a new set of the quick disconnects in my spares box "just in case" because they feel so fragile and are such a PIA to remove and reinstall and they never feel quite like they are securely reconnected. I'm not a fan. And be sure to lube the O-rings before reconnecting them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts