Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i replaced the fuel hose at the pump and filter. i used a piece of clean hose i had in the garage. it is thick stuff, but doesn't say "fuel injection" on it. it appears to be double walled.

anyway, thinking i have used the wrong stuff, i bought some fuel injection rated hose at the parts store and i WILL be replacing the hose tomorrow.

how critical is this? the hose i used looks identical to the stuff i removed recently and the hose clamps looked to be factory.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
High pressure is the reason

The fuel pump runs up to some 4 bar (60psi) so the hose has to be able to withstand that pressure otherwise it could eventually split etc. meaning the pump will be circulating fuel inside the tank instead of feeding it to the injectors.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
The fuel pump runs up to some 4 bar (60psi) so the hose has to be able to withstand that pressure otherwise it could eventually split etc. meaning the pump will be circulating fuel inside the tank instead of feeding it to the injectors.
Oh, 60 psi is not much. Almost any hose can handle that. Fuel injection hose is designed for something more like 200 psi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts