Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to replace my factory plastic fuel line couplings with the nice stainless pieces. My question is do you use any thread sealant such as teflon tape, theadlocker, etc when fitting the couplings?

Thanks,

Flash

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
I am going to replace my factory plastic fuel line couplings with the nice stainless pieces. My question is do you use any thread sealant such as teflon tape, theadlocker, etc when fitting the couplings?

Thanks,

Flash
I used some teflon/PTFE paste that is designed for fuel/oil/diesel but I think tape would work too. The threads are very tight so be careful.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I used a little of the Ducati gray colored engine case sealant. Seemed to work.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone have a pic of the quick disconnects installed? That would be helpful.

Thanks,

Flash

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone?

Flash

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm planing to do the same thing on my 998. I'd like to buid a whole spare fuel line.
I know where to find the metal quick connector (desmotimes).
Should i go with 8mm ID or 9mm ID fuel line? The only part i can't find is the Y shaped connector (the one that goes in the airbox).

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Vtwin. That's exactly what I needed.

Flash

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
NOTE: the fittings to the tank side do not go as deep as the plastic ones. I used threadlocker to seal them.

I think the threads in the tank are tapered and the plastic fittings simply compress/cut themselves to fit all the way - this helps them to seal without sealant

The metal fittings don't do this and so are more prone to leaking, which is why it's best to use some sealant.

I tightened mine extremely tight so that they went virtually all the way in but be careful not to go too tight and strip the tank threads or snap off the fitting inside. :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts