Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale - my '08 Sport 1000S. I am the second owner, was bought new by previous owner from Motocorsa.

7523 miles

Termis with ECU, DP lowers, Ohlins forks and shocks, axle and frame sliders, Evoluzione levers, DP windscreen, CRG mirrors (original mirrors included, no other original parts available), battery tender lead installed.

7500 mile service just completed by one of the top Ducati master techs in the country (Irish Mike, formerly head tech of Ducati NY and Pat Clark in Vegas). Valve adjust, belts, plugs, oil, filter, hydraulic fluids. All synthetic.

Brand new BT016 Pro hypersport tires.

Tank was replaced under warranty, new tank was Caswell coated by JC and tank clearbra installed by Sticker City. Voltage regulator replaced with latest design updated OEM unit.

Clean and clear title in hand. Never down. Runs great.

Comes with 3 black keys, red key, code card, owners manual, service records. Very nice condition but not perfect. More photos available. Email Edvf1000r (at) gmail (dot) com

Bike is in Newport Beach today and tomorrow, after that will be back in Oakland, CA. $14,500 includes delivery within 300 miles of 94608 if desired.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Was this bike parked at Starbuck Huntington Beach this past weekend?

Beautiful bike - Good luck with sale.

·
Super Duper Member
433 Posts
Wow, beautiful bike. Nominate for bike of the month. I've never seen one like that. Is that a retrofitted retro fairing or did it come like that?

In no way can I afford to buy that, but can you post more pictures please? That thing is just so cool to look at.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

·
Registered
93 Posts
As noted, the market has changed immensely over the last several years for these bikes. It's not 2009 anymore. Good, clean Sport 1ks and Paul Smarts are now routinely going for $12,500 to $15k dependent on options, condition and maintenance. There are nearly stock Sport 1ks carrying $14k asking prices out there. Even GT1000s are often asking and getting nearly $10k nowadays.

This bike has nearly all of the desirable options, including the very rare (I've seen one other S so equipped in 5 years) and very expensive ($4,000 plus) dealer installed Ohlins fork set and shocks. The Ohlins, Termis and lowers are all discontinued and unobtanium. Good luck finding them. It took me a year of looking to find this bike so equipped, and I drove 3,100 miles round trip to verify it in person and buy it. You don't have to do that.

The bike also has about $1,300 worth of major service, belts and tires done a week ago - and the tank and regulator have been taken care of properly. The work has been done by the best in the business. This bike is turnkey and well worth the asking price for what it is.

A side note: the date stamp on my camera is off - those pics were taken a few days ago, not in March.

Wow, beautiful bike. Nominate for bike of the month. I've never seen one like that. Is that a retrofitted retro fairing or did it come like that?

In no way can I afford to buy that, but can you post more pictures please? That thing is just so cool to look at.
Thanks! The fairing lowers are a Ducati Performance dealer installed option, now discontinued. I'll put up some more photos over the weekend when I'm back in Oakland and it's not in the back of my truck if it doesn't sell in the next day or so.

Was this bike parked at Starbuck Huntington Beach this past weekend?

Beautiful bike - Good luck with sale.
Thanks!

That wasn't my bike in HB. I'm not riding it while it's up for sale.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sold

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.