Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike was stolen so have no use for these now.

Never used, Never mounted set of Ducati plastics painted in Ducati Red. They were purchased by the original owner of my bike at the dealership and were included in the sale when I bought it from him.

Asking $900

Located in Coral Gables, FL.

Will gladly work with a forum member to inspect / ship plastics if need be. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,668 Posts
These are not what you state they are.
Unless the stock carbon fiber pieces were painted over? But, they are referred to as racing plastics that I assume were designed to go on an 05 999R that was stolen.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Unless the stock carbon fiber pieces were painted over? But, they are referred to as racing plastics that I assume were designed to go on an 05 999R that was stolen.
They're clearly listed as OEM. The nose clearly isn't. This is why classifieds should be limited to active, contributing, knowledgeable members.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Guys,

These pieces are not carbon fiber. The owner purchased these directly from Ducati for "track days" but never used them.

Here is a pic of under the cowl. I will look for stampings and snap more photos when I get home.

Also, I would like to note that I am not try to mislead anyone in describing this post. I do not know if Ducati does or DOES NOT manufacture plastic fairings. I do know these were purchased directly for the dealership so it is possible that the dealer painted / sold aftermarket plastics hence why the original owner thought (and in turn I) they were OEM.

Lastly, perhaps there is a forum member local to South Florida who is an expert on racing plastics (OEM or otherwise) can assist in identifying. I would be more than willing to take the pieces so we can finally solve the mystery.

I am in Coral Gables, FL but wouldn't mind driving to Broward or Palm Beach counties to meet a local forum member. Thank you guys for taking the time to help me out.

·
Registered
472 Posts
They look aftermarket, re-sprayed, patterned after the 2003-2004 model year due the nose design. As a service to the Ducati community here, please post here the VIN of the stolen 999R. That, or post a pic of the bike with license plate visible. That way, we can all look out for the bike or parts from it.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
In defense of the OP, Ducati Performance have been making and selling fiberglass fairings. There was a version for the superstock races that were built with side fairings with air deflectors and belly pan for oil containment. The nose fairings was also available in street version and race version. I remember seeing them in the DP catalog I have at home; this is the only PDF version I could find -> http://v2.motomaniax.pl/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Ducati-Performnace-2006-Karoseria.pdf

Now, I'm not saying these are those, just saying that they may not be just an aftermarket version; they seller story may actually be very well true. There's normally some marking. Good luck with the sale, you may have something here!!!!!

·
Registered
472 Posts
No defense is needed. I was just telling him his listing is factually incorrect so he can correct it so as to not waste people's time if they're looking for actual 2nd-Generation OEM 999R fairings, and so he can begin to understand his aftermarket plastics' actual value will be much less than OEM CF fairings when negotiations begin with a buyer!

In return, I asked him to post the VIN of the stolen bike, so we can all be the wiser if it or its frame or engine come up for sale here or on CL or eBay. OP, please post the VIN of the bike as a community service, eh?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts