Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link to a youtube video of this bike starting and idiling smooth. Listen to the beautiful exhaust and dry clutch notes!:

2005 Ducati 749 Superbike in excellent condition! I am the second owner and have put about 3500 miles in the last few years. When I bought it, it was a completely stock dark besides the exhaust. I have put A LOT of money into maintenance and the following tasteful upgrades: Ohlins rear shock and steering damper and Showa 3-way adjustable front forks with titanium nitride coating. Termignoni exhaust and racing air filters (these upgrades alone were over $3000). Lightweight aluminum monoposto rear subframe. The front brake and clutch master cylinders Brembo from a 1098 with remote reservoirs and the both have CRG Aluminum adjustable levers (I hated the factory master cylinders on the 749/999...The 1098 masters are WAY better in my opinion). The bike has a bunch of carbon fiber upgrades including exhaust pipe/ muffler covers, front sprocket cover, rear fender, key guard, side tank guards and many black powdercoated stock parts. Looks absolutely amazing! The fairings are ABS Xerox replicas with Dynamat Dynaliner heat and sound dampener completely lined on the inside and Dzus quarter turn fasteners. Paint is perfect except for a few VERY tiny dings here and there (not even noticeable but I'm trying to be as detailed as possible). The tires are Bridgestone BT016 multi-compound still in great shape (rear is a little more worn than the front due to the softer compound and all the straight roads in South Florida but both tires have less than 1000 miles on them). Tinted LED rear tail light (Clear Alternatives) with integrated turn signals and custom license plate bracket for sleek look. Billet aluminum quick release fuel filler cap (stock lockable cap will be included). Zero Gravity tinted "double bubble" windshield. Battery Tender connection. Brand new 520 conversion Regina x-ring chain and Vortex sprockets. All service is up to date and performed at Moto Corse Performance including valve adjustment, timing belts, plugs , fuel filter and TPS adjustment. I changed the oil and flushed the coolant, clutch and brake fluid last month and installed a new battery. Brakes are Brembo with brand new EBC pads. I installed a Barnett clutch about 3k miles ago and it works perfectly (just pulled the plates when I did the recent fluid changes (cleaned and inspected them and they have just about as much friction material left on them as when I installed them when they were new so definitely no issues there). The clutch also has a Speedymoto aluminum open cover to display the beautiful sound of the Ducati dry clutch! Overall the bike is in excellent shape with very tasteful upgrades. It starts easy, idles smooth, handles AMAZING, is FAST, sounds great, has never been down and is absolutely immaculate! Of all the bikes and cars I've owned I never had more compliments or looks than I get on this bike! Comes with the red key, black key, code card and owners manual. This bike needs absolutely nothing except a new rider! Clear title in hand. You'll be getting a meticulously maintained and absolutely babied bike that I hate to sell but new projects have turned my interests into a new direction for now.

For any questions or to check the bike out in person give me a call or text (please no calls/texts after 10pm EST). If you would like to have the bike inspected before purchasing I would be happy to take it wherever you would like (within the Palm Beach/ Broward area).

561-441-4112 Dave
I would consider a trade for a Ducati Monster s2r 1000 or s4rs. Let me know what you have.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry...forgot to put the price :-0
$7000...if you're looking for something a little more "stock" for cheaper, I'll consider removing some of the upgrades (suspension, exhaust etc.) and replace with the stock bits to lower the price. The price I'm asking is basically about $1500 more than a stock bike in this condition would go for but it obviously includes some great upgrades that would be very difficult to replace for that ammount. Anyways, thanks for looking!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bike started its life as the dark version which didn't come with the box style swingarm in 2005. Not sure if it's true or not but I have had 2 different people (my mechanic and a guy I know that has a 999r) tell me that this swingarm is more rigid than the box style. One of the main reasons people like the box style is that it has spools for a rear stand. My bike has the rear axle sliders that double as spools for the rear stand. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SOLD!!!!! Thanks Ducati.ms!!!!!!!!1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.