Brembo radial clutch and brake masters
1098 front brakes
34mm rear brake caliper
Speigler front and rear brake lines
520 chain with 15/41 sprockets
Carbon airbox cover from a 2001 748R
DP carbon fiber upper fairing
Sebimoto carbon fiber side panels and belly pan
Febur 998R carbon fiber tail (without side vents)
DP 1098 carbon fiber front fender
DP carbon fiber mirrors
DP carbon fiber rearsets
DP carbon fiber front fender
DP carbon fiber chain guard
DP carbon fiber fuel cap
DP carbon fiber under tail
Speedymoto clip-on bars
Oberon clutch master
Integrated LED brake/turn signal lights.

I have replaced the belts every 2 years and the belts were replaced in 2019. I should have a valve adjustment. The last valve adjustment was completed in 2011 by JD Hord. Two rocker arms were replaced because of flaking and the injectors were cleaned during this service. The tires are Michelin 2CT that are about 7 years old. Plenty of tread but they are getting old. The body is wrapped in vinyl as paint was going to be one of my next projects. There is a dent in the tank from being dropped when I was draining the fuel before a winter. The tank was not on the bike when it was dropped. There is also a small burn mark in the side panel by the battery where the side panel touched a battery terminal. I replaced the fuel filter and spark plugs every 2 years when the belts were replaced. The bike was laid down at a very slow speed by the previous owner and the only damage is a scrape on the water pump cover.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sale will also include both Pit Bull stands, 748R workshop manual and some misc parts.

·
Registered
'00 748s,
27 Posts
hirschey
its very nice, can you tell a bit more about the history? it does have a lot of nice parts but unfortunately diverges from the originality substantially. I don't necessarily mind as I am looking for a rider not a showpiece. also do you know the build number?
thanks in advance
-mjn

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The history that I know of is that this 748R was imported to the US from England. I do not know what year. I am supposedly the 4th owner overall. The first owner in the US I was told was in Tennessee. The second owner in the US was from the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area. I do not know if it was ever on track but nothing has been safety wired.

This was something I was planning on keeping thus the reason for all of the nice parts. Originality was not my goal but I did want to maintain the original appearance. All of the parts I did install (except for the forks and front brakes) are period correct. The biggest reason for most of the parts was to shed weight. I wanted to lighten it as much as I could within reason.

I do not know what the build number is as the 2000 models do not have the triple tree plate. I have never contacted Ducati to investigate further.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Wow ?
Very nice!

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
Nice machine. Love the sound of the 748R.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Still for sale?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts