Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1998 Ducati 916 SPS #909

Complete service history, and sales receipts, and signed waiver (original buyer promising not use it on public roads--yeah, right ), along with owners' manuals. Clear title. 12,675 miles. Last full service on 5/29/09 at 9,812 miles at MCC Ducati in Villa Park, IL by previous owner. Outstanding mechanically and cosmetically. Original SPS bodywork except tank, which was rashed on the track (Sharkskinz were mounted, so OEM fairings were safely in my storage area). The only blemishes are two miniscule marks on the frame/steering damper mount from the right clip-on breaking (pictured). Everything else is outstanding. New Pirelli Corsa III's. 520 conversion--top of the line DID ERV3 chain and AFAM/Renthal quick change carrier w/15T front/40T aluminum rear. STM crankcase breather. CF airbox, V-piece, fender, license plate mount. Arrow 50mm titanium exhaust w/titanium cans. Billet rear caliper mount.

ducati.ms members are getting the first crack. $10,900

Better pics to follow tomorrow.

·
Flying Brit
1,793 Posts
Sad that its for sale...magnificant bike!

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
magnificant bike!
Magnifican't, I hope that isn't a Freudian slip--magnificent. :):):)

Yeah, I love it, especially since it was my first SPS and truly special machine. But I now have the dedicated bike for the track.

...and the 996R.

...and the NSR250.

...and the Cafe Racer.

...and the Derbi.

BTW, I forgot to mention--the SPS has a brand new battery and an EVR slipper clutch. All fluids are fresh as well, including Royal Purple full synthetic oil and Motul RBF600 in the brakes and clutch.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have just a couple things left to do--mount the steering damper, CF exhaust guard, hook up the signals, and adjust the stack height on the clutch, but here are some pics I just took;

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
And video (click):

Also, I just noticed a typo in my original post. The Arrow cans are titanium, but the headers are stainless.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I decided it may be more marketable if I sweeten the deal with the Termignoni titanium can 52mm full system I've been hoarding, so I installed it today:

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Coudy today, but a few updated pics;

·
Flying Brit
1,793 Posts
I Love my 98 SPS, I Love your SPS ...I keep on saying I do not need another SPS , if I keep chanting long enough I know it will stop me from thinking about it.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Here's a new video of the bike starting/running with the Termi 52's (and all the signals hooked up, etc).

If you're going to be at Moto GP this weekend, I can deliver the bike there.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgot to mention, I may consider the following as partial trades; 888, pre '99 900SS, NC30/NC35, or KTM dirtbike.

·
Flying Brit
1,793 Posts
Forgot to mention, I may consider the following as partial trades; 888, pre '99 900SS, NC30/NC35, or KTM dirtbike.
No other bikes? :D

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Someone would have to make me a hell of a deal on a V-Due or RC30. :)

I don't know. I might consider a few other cool bikes. Always had a soft spot for the Guzzi Sport 1100's...

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This bike (and myself) will soon make an appearance on a TV show. Not sure what else I'm allowed to reveal.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Someone would have to make me a hell of a deal on a V-Due or RC30. :)

I don't know. I might consider a few other cool bikes. Always had a soft spot for the Guzzi Sport 1100's...
This one might interest you, only a long day drive away. Don't see them too often.

No association with seller.
1993 Moto Guzzi Daytona

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This one might interest you, only a long day drive away. Don't see them too often.

No association with seller.
1993 Moto Guzzi Daytona
Thanks, but only interested if a partial trade.

As a side note, I took it out today for that TV shoot and man, does that bike just ooze soul. I love my 996R, but the character of the SPS is simply unique. The sound is better. It roars and raises its head in 2nd, but feels so planted--and I mean that as both good and bad. The R, with its long swingarm, offset triples, steeper steering setting, and BST wheels it nimble but almost twitchy in comparison. The SPS takes more effort to change direction, but then just crank it over on its side and it sits there waiting for whatever comes next. Very reassuring.

I sure am going to miss this bike.

·
Temporary greeter
23,052 Posts
Thanks, but only interested if a partial trade.

As a side note, I took it out today for that TV shoot and man, does that bike just ooze soul. I love my 996R, but the character of the SPS is simply unique. The sound is better. It roars and raises its head in 2nd, but feels so planted--and I mean that as both good and bad. The R, with its long swingarm, offset triples, steeper steering setting, and BST wheels it nimble but almost twitchy in comparison. The SPS takes more effort to change direction, but then just crank it over on its side and it sits there waiting for whatever comes next. Very reassuring.

I sure am going to miss this bike.
So sell the 996 instead ;)

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
amazing bike, good price too. shipping and import the killer for me but man that should have sold locally the first day the Termis went on

1 - 20 of 22 Posts