Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It pains me to let this one go, but it's time to fund the Adamo race build.

The 1994 888 SPO Limiteds were the very last 888s before the 916 and very few were made. This is #61. While it has had 17,698 miles of enjoyment, the bike is in amazing condition. The last valve adjustment was 3000 miles and 4 years ago. New belts wouldn't hurt, but the bike has been stored inside when not ridden. The original carbon fiber fenders and clutch cover have been impeccably refinished by Artistimo. The stock fasteners were all re-plated with the factory yellow Zinc oxide. It has the original Ohlins shock.

Upgrades include the Corbin seat, Speedymoto adjustable clip-ons, 18ah Shorai battery, and the rare 50mm Thunderball/GiaCaMoto "spaghetti" full exhaust system.

Splitting hairs (pictured);
1. Chip to the left side fairing near where your toe would be.
2. Small ding at the bottom right front corner of the fuel tank (from the throttle tube)
3. Small rock chip to the left of the "D" on the front fairing.
4. Tiny scratch on the right exhaust canister (which I will try to polish out). No burning/discoloring, and look at those nearly spotless headers!
5. Rearsets are OEM, but silver '93 SPO ones instead of the black ones of '94.

No one believes this bike is 20+ years old or has been ridden and enjoyed. Anyone who has seen any of my bikes knows the standards I keep them. The fork adjusters are spotless...even the wheels are outstanding. This bike is clean. $12,500

Aftermarket rearsets have been replaced with OEM.

Plate not included. :)

My living room. These bikes are enjoyed regularly, but don't see rain or cold weather.

Reactions: moto

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Undressed

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More

Replaced a burst hose this summer.

·
Registered
226 Posts
888 spo jeeezz....

How is it possible to ride a motorcycle and yet keep it that clean? I need to take lessons. I would pay to learn how to keep a chain looking like that.....
well, probably not much
Beautiful motorcycle! Best of luck with the sale.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How is it possible to ride a motorcycle and yet keep it that clean? I need to take lessons. I would pay to learn how to keep a chain looking like that.....
well, probably not much
Beautiful motorcycle! Best of luck with the sale.
Thanks.

In fairness this one was great when I got it, but for all my bikes, I keep them clean all the time. Frequent dusting and wiping down with microfiber towels. Regularly clean the chain and swingarm--typically the front sprocket and cases around there too. Wipe down wheels with a little WD40 on a microfiber--never let brake dust stay on the wheels too long. Good ol' Turtle Wax the fairings and windscreen once in a while. Occasional wash with warm water and just a little soap--dry thoroughly. Once or twice a year I pull all the fairings and give them and the rest of the bike a more thorough going over. I also wax the wheels a couple times a year, which is why they are so easy to clean with just a soft towel and WD40 in between those times.

If you stay on top of things it doesn't get too bad. You also notice other things about the bikes.

Reactions: John and 58 burst

·
Registered
407 Posts
Spo

Great looking bike.
+1 on the WD-40.
I use WD-40 and the heavy duty (blue) shop paper towels so I can chunk them.
GLWS

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great looking bike.
+1 on the WD-40.
I use WD-40 and the heavy duty (blue) shop paper towels so I can chunk them.
GLWS
The key is to have a coat of wax on there first. Then it wipes up easily. I use those blue shop towels all the time, but never on fairings, windscreen, or wheels. They can make light scratches. Microfiber towels are the only things that touch the painted surfaces of my bikes.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
wish i had a spare 12k lying around, it would be gone. you should have no problem selling after the holiday that is one most beautiful bikes i have ever seen, except for mine!:smile2:

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.