Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm changing my 06 1000s multi wheels for forged marchesini 10 spokes. I have 65mm 4-pad calipers, so do I need a front wheel with the 6-bolt pattern? I have a front wheel from a 999/749/S4R testastretta with the 5-bolt rotor pattern. This wheel is supposed to pair with radial calipers and 15mm offset 5-bolt rotors, but from my research, this would place the rotors 5mm too far out on both sides. Is there way to make these wheels work with my 65mm calipers? Maybe a 5-bolt rotor with 10mm offset instead of 15? Does such a thing exist? Why the hell Not?!!??
Any insights are appreciated!

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
I believe Moto aka Martin from Motowheels can help you on this.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have heard that there are spacers available, also have heard people having good luck without the spacers, the pucks in many calipers will self compensate. Beware, though, if you try this, it makes sense to me but monitor it.

Mark

·
Registered
339 Posts
The pistons would self align. However you wouldn't be able to get the calipers over the disc because the slot for the disc is pretty precise and there are no extra 5mm.

D.

P.S. I got my parts Colin, thank you :)

I have heard that there are spacers available, also have heard people having good luck without the spacers, the pucks in many calipers will self compensate. Beware, though, if you try this, it makes sense to me but monitor it.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts