Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed the Euro version has shorter signals. Can anyone detail the procedure to accomplish this with our US versions? Does the front cowl have to be removed? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
295 Posts
You could also just go to your local home hardware store and pick up some shorter screws. Common size and pitch, so it's an easy find.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
the screw length wasn't the issue on mine,
the issue I found was the mounting location on the headlight bracket had a bigger hole than the screw that mounts the light to the spacer. i used a washer to help back the screw so it didn't wallow into the mounting hole. .. of course now I said this I have to go check to make sure what I remember is correct.

·
Registered
295 Posts
There wasn't a little metal backer plate? I had little metal backer plates on mine that prevented the wallowing that you refer to.

·
1,642 Posts
there was.. I don't remember exactly and I haven't gone back and checked yet (it's been raining and I've been at work) but there was some reason I wanted two washers. one for each side. I will definitely look tonight now.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I know on mine that the screws didn't want to seat properly. After flipping the bracket over, the issue went away. When the screws didn't seat, it was letting the "ears" just kinda flop around. That could be the reason for the washers?

·
1,642 Posts
I know on mine that the screws didn't want to seat properly. After flipping the bracket over, the issue went away. When the screws didn't seat, it was letting the "ears" just kinda flop around. That could be the reason for the washers?
yea,, that was it. I used washers from the rear blinkers to alleviate it. I didn't even think to try turning the bracket around.

·
Registered
295 Posts
yea,, that was it. I used washers from the rear blinkers to alleviate it. I didn't even think to try turning the bracket around.
Yeah, when I sat the bracket down on the workbench, I noticed that it was kind of warped in the middle. That's what led to me the flipping it around idea. Worked like a champ! The screws that I used were some that I found in my toolbox that are anodized black, so they're corrosion protected.

I always knew there was a reason I never throw away any kind of extra screws/nuts/bolts/brackets after a project! lol Man, I LOVE free mods!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts