Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a dumb question but I was loading my 999 up for tomorrows trackday and noticed that a area where the front tire was secured by the baxley wheel chock had indentations and was greasy and slick.

I never noticed that before, maybe I will stop storing my bike in the chock and just use it for transportation and pit purposes only.

Any cause for concern at tomorrow's trackday? I will probably just take it easy and try to gently scrub it away I guess.

Nick

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I noticed the same after using a Harbor Freight front wheel chock when transporting my bike to Hallett for a track day.

I chalked it up to the tire rubbing against the metal during the ride and shining up the rubber at the contact points. I didn't worry about it.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I noticed the same after using a Harbor Freight front wheel chock when transporting my bike to Hallett for a track day.

I chalked it up to the tire rubbing against the metal during the ride and shining up the rubber at the contact points. I didn't worry about it.
I always have the same experience .... It's not an issue... Just ignore it.

Have a great track day!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks for the piece of mind.

Time to get some sleep before another fun day.

Nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts