Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas,

I'd like to soften up the front end of my bike [street riding]. What is the lowest [FRONT] tire pressure I could get away with on my 2014 hypermotard?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hi fellas,

I'd like to soften up the front end of my bike [street riding]. What is the lowest [FRONT] tire pressure I could get away with on my 2014 hypermotard?
Don't use tire pressure as a means to soften the suspension...palm to face...use a lighter fork oil ...change the springs...use less fluid...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi fellas,

I run 31.5 psi on the street. 29psi on the track. i wouldn't go lower than 29 on the street but that is just me

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,228 Posts
Hi fellas,

I use 33 psi on the street and 29 psi for the track only.
The same for both the Hyper and the GT1000.
If I used lower tire pressure in the street I would have to straighten front rims more frequently.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
this is a discussion that you will never get a good answer from, everyone is different -different riding styles, different roads etc. I am in east central Florida so 93 deg.F in the summer and can get into the teens in the winter -but thank god that is very rare. I use most of my bikes as commuters & since finding a curve here is a rare thing I am going for mileage on very abrasive roads. I use higher pressures then many people on my Ducati's as well as my BMW's I run as a normal pressure 42 & 42, with these pressures I can still go sport riding in the mountains when I want & get good mileage. on the track with my race bike -( a 1972 BMW R75/5) I run around 24 ft & 28 rear. If I were to do a track day on my 900SS I would have then about the same as my race bike.--Higher pressure gives longer tread mileage, far less chance to bend a rim and plenty of grip for street use. I also use sport touring tyres for better mileage here in Florida sport tyres are a total waste of time & money

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I noticed my bike needed more effort to turn a while back.
Checked tires they were 3 - 4 pounds low.
Filled them up and Rich was my Uncle.
I don't have an Uncle Bob.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use 33 psi on the street and 29 psi for the track only.
The same for both the Hyper and the GT1000.
If I used lower tire pressure in the street I would have to straighten front rims more frequently.
Actually what prompted this idea to lower front tire pressure is when I bought the bike the pressure was super low so I put 32psi in the front and 30psi rear and it instantly developed a clicking sound. I discovered the half fender on the front bounces on the front tire on bigger bumps. Seems like not a big issue after all 👍👍

·
Registered
131 Posts
I use 36 psi for commuting. I am on the same Supercorsa for over 5000 miles know and still look good. This psi is better on MPG as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts