Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Pit-bull rear stand for SC, it's on it's way. So what front stand out there is recommended by you all? Thanks,.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
I bought the Pit-bull rear stand for SC, it's on it's way. So what front stand out there is recommended by you all? Thanks,.
err...the Pit Bull steering head stand. You should have ordered both at the same time and saved some shipping!

I like the steering head stand because you can use it to disassemble the front end. Admittedly it does interfere with my axle sliders a little, but not too bad. I never really understood those stands that go under the fork bottoms and can only be used to remove the front wheel. Why not just get one front stand that facilitates every possible operation?

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
err...the Pit Bull steering head stand. You should have ordered both at the same time and saved some shipping!

I like the steering head stand because you can use it to disassemble the front end. Admittedly it does interfere with my axle sliders a little, but not too bad. I never really understood those stands that go under the fork bottoms and can only be used to remove the front wheel. Why not just get one front stand that facilitates every possible operation?
I bought the Pit Bull New Front stand and it is great, BUT requires turning the front end to clear the front axle for removal. Since the SC bikes have a shorter 25mm head angle than the Superbikes. Still great though, because it allows you to do wheel and fork removal. To get full front end freedom you will need a Handy Industries Universal Lift with the V-shaped adapter plate (next on my list).

Cheers,

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Agro, pretty sure most are talking about this PB # from that site on your link F0015-003
this is the one I have and it lifts from under the lower triple clamp allowing forks and everything to come off. 1/2 the price of the hybrid..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts