Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I´m Pepe from mexico city, first, sorry the english, I´m looking for a front stand, the one to goes under the steering, I buy a venom on ebay, suppose to be for these bikes but all it´s wrong, the 5 pins are to small and the angle of atachment go in the wrong direction, I see some option but all are around $300, it´s there some cheap option on the market?
The picture it´s like the one I buy it and not work.
Thanks for your help and have a nice week.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
You can use the style stand you've got, if you look under the lower triple clamp you will see a small drainage hole. You can drill that hole out to a big enough size to fit one of the pins

·
Registered
198 Posts
Is there a question there?

that's my 916 lower triple, i drilled a 13mm hole to take the 12mm pin my ebay stand came with, I put axle stands under the foot pegs and used a car jack under the engine to lift the front wheel, got a friend to hold the bars to steady the bike and removed the front wheel and laid on the floor to drill the hole and it's been fine for about 4 years

·
Registered
198 Posts
Not seen that before, I guess you must have the none adjustable headstock, I'd be getting a local engineering firm to make you a pin that will fit the 22mm hole at one end and the stand at the other

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
The ABBA stand with the front lift arm is the cheapest way to lift the front and rear of a bike since it lifts from the swingarm pivot. $285 delivered in the U.S.
Every Ducati owner who works on their own bike should have one of these stands. They are brilliant.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not seen that before, I guess you must have the none adjustable headstock, I'd be getting a local engineering firm to make you a pin that will fit the 22mm hole at one end and the stand at the other
I try, but the direction of the pin goes in the opposite direction, and the pipe where goes the pin almost broke the fairing, I have an idea about how to fix these, I need to cut and turn the hole of the pin, and made another 22 mm pin.
Anyhow, thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
417 Posts
The ABBA stand with the front lift arm is the cheapest way to lift the front and rear of a bike since it lifts from the swingarm pivot. $285 delivered in the U.S.
Every Ducati owner who works on their own bike should have one of these stands. They are brilliant.
This. I got mine direct when I was visiting my parents a couple of years ago, with adapters for all my bikes. I plan to get another now they sell direct into the US market.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I have an Ohlins lower clamp on my 916, fitted to the standard steering tube - as the Ohlins clamp is open this exposes the large tube (30mm ID IIRC).

I have a conventional front stand that was supplied with a few different pins but none of them anywhere close to big enough for anything other than a very sloppy fit. I got a short length of 28.5mm alloy bar and drilled it to fit a smaller pin which, riveted in place does the job perfectly.

(Note ground away at one edge to allow access with front fairing fitted as it is otherwise a tight squeeze)

But prior to that a 1/2" drive socket of suitable OD dropped onto a 12mm pin did the job.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have an Ohlins lower clamp on my 916, fitted to the standard steering tube - as the Ohlins clamp is open this exposes the large tube (30mm ID IIRC).

I have a conventional front stand that was supplied with a few different pins but none of them anywhere close to big enough for anything other than a very sloppy fit. I got a short length of 28.5mm alloy bar and drilled it to fit a smaller pin which, riveted in place does the job perfectly.

(Note ground away at one edge to allow access with front fairing fitted as it is otherwise a tight squeeze)

But prior to that a 1/2" drive socket of suitable OD dropped onto a 12mm pin did the job.

That’s exactly what I have, I go to think very well what’s my option, I have the rear stand too, the Italian, I usually put first the rear stand and then try with the front one, Can these be the trouble?

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
That’s exactly what I have, I go to think very well what’s my option, I have the rear stand too, the Italian, I usually put first the rear stand and then try with the front one, Can these be the trouble?
I've had no problem with the front stand and I use it on all my bikes, works perfectly and it wasn't expensive.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I try, but the direction of the pin goes in the opposite direction, and the pipe where goes the pin almost broke the fairing, I have an idea about how to fix these, I need to cut and turn the hole of the pin, and made another 22 mm pin.
Anyhow, thanks for the suggestions
maybe this will work with your currant clamp. if you have a home depot locally p/up a 22mm or 1" threaded bolt.cut off the hex head & drill the hole for the pin. use spacers or a threaded nut so the stand will clear the fairing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts