Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i was looking through the threads for options on a front sprocket cover but didnt see what i was specifically looking for: an aluminum version of our plastic cover. i like the shape and the holes, but i want it in aluminum (preferably polished). any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
hey guys, i was looking through the threads for options on a front sprocket cover but didnt see what i was specifically looking for: an aluminum version of our plastic cover. i like the shape and the holes, but i want it in aluminum (preferably polished). any ideas?
I have an aluminum cover sold by Ducati. It is not polished.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Rizoma makes a nice one. I've got one on my bike:

I can take a close up shot later if you can't find one. Don't have time right now.

Debby

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i looked at the ducati one and saw the one hyper has on his bike, but i am looking for somehting that looks identical or near identical to what we already have, just fabricated out of aluminum.

i wonder how much it would cost to fab something like that myself.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
yeah i looked at the ducati one and saw the one hyper has on his bike
ahem - I think you meant to say what hyper has on HER bike! :p

You might check out desmotimes.com. LT sells some that look somewhat closer to stock.

Debby

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
i am looking for somehting that looks identical or near identical to what we already have, just fabricated out of aluminum.

What about this one… it is around 40€

If you want a copy of the OEM one, maybe you can get it cast using the plastic part as a melt out model

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about this one… it is around 40€

If you want a copy of the OEM one, maybe you can get it cast using the plastic part as a melt out model

that is definitely much closer to what i am looking for. thanks, it gives me something to think about!

·
Registered
108 Posts
yeah i looked at the ducati one and saw the one hyper has on his bike, but i am looking for somehting that looks identical or near identical to what we already have, just fabricated out of aluminum.

Piece of cake. A small sheet of aluminum (.090 should do) some tubing, some longer screws and an hour or two with your drill, a bandsaw and your files. Mock it up with a Manila folder first and then make your own, one-of-a-kind sprocket cover. Bet ya it'll be the one part of your bike that you're most proud of. Go for it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guys for all the help!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts