Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the pleasure of finding out my front brake rotors are warped. So I went to pick up some new ones. I bought these: Amazon.com: EBC XC Series Contour Brake Rotor MD614XC: Automotive

Well, contrary to what EBC and this Amazon seller claims, they're not compatible with the Hyper (they have a 6 bolt mounting pattern instead of 5). Joy. So, now I'm looking again and I'm slowly finding out that rotors for the HM in that price range are scarce... Does anyone have any recommendations or know of rotors in the ballpark of $200/ea?

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
That is by far the cheapest I have ever seen rotors for the hyper, which I guess makes since because they were not actually for it. I think the next cheapest option is galfer. Did you check OEM replacements?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had the pleasure of finding out my front brake rotors are warped. So I went to pick up some new ones. I bought these: Amazon.com: EBC XC Series Contour Brake Rotor MD614XC: Automotive

Well, contrary to what EBC and this Amazon seller claims, they're not compatible with the Hyper (they have a 6 bolt mounting pattern instead of 5). Joy. So, now I'm looking again and I'm slowly finding out that rotors for the HM in that price range are scarce... Does anyone have any recommendations or know of rotors in the ballpark of $200/ea?
try these guys....a guy on the SuperDuke.net forum used the same company for rotors for his KTM SuperDuke & said they worked great. Can't beat the price. Hong Kong stuff I know, but not all the stuff that comes outta there is crap.

Ducati Hypermotard 796 Front Rear Brake Disc Rotor set 2010 2011 2012 10-12 | eBay

cheers Rob

·
Registered
402 Posts
Buy cheap........buy twice......maybe even thrice........

I went for Braketech and altho they ain't cheap.......they sure are good.

·
Registered
158 Posts
nows your chance to lash out and Mod your rotors man!!!

Hit up Jeff at BrakeTech and get some iron rotors on that thing.

I mod my bike with the thought of NO middle or half way steps...
go straight to the best. even if it takes a little longer to get the $$$,
you only have to do it once.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts