Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY 2008 1100 S with only 3,200 miles has developed the anoying pulsing front brake syndrome. pretty sure the rotors are warped, and I am going to check out the warranty path. Ayone had this issue warrantied? If so how many miles were on your bike?

I am :)also shopping for after market just in case. I would prefer standard diameter, as two fingers gives me plenty of front stopping power. Any other sugestions for after market rotors?

HYPERCARVE OUT.......

·
Registered
387 Posts
I really would not think it be the rotors. Somewhere on this site there was a discussion on the pulsating brake, I am sure it was Ghezzi who discovered the fix, cleaning the area around the pucks and lightly greasing that area, I believe that was the fix.

If it is indeed a rotor, the only way to really tell is to throw on a dial indicator to check runout, then my friend you have a lot of options out there, Galfer for one, Brake-Tech for another and I am sure Brembo has something.

If you need a near new right rotor that is stock I have one.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
MY 2008 1100 S with only 3,200 miles has developed the anoying pulsing front brake syndrome. pretty sure the rotors are warped, and I am going to check out the warranty path. Ayone had this issue warrantied? If so how many miles were on your bike?

I am :)also shopping for after market just in case. I would prefer standard diameter, as two fingers gives me plenty of front stopping power. Any other sugestions for after market rotors?

HYPERCARVE OUT.......
I have aprox 8000mi on my bike, and the front rotors are warped, too many Track-days with a fat guy:cool: I took it to the dealer, and they took pictures of the rotors and sent them off to DNA, I'm waiting for the responce. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I Measured The Front Rotor Runout With A Dial Calliper On Both Front Rotors ,in Three Places, On The Outside Face;

Right Front - Outer Diameter: 0 To .007"
Mid " : 0 To .005"
Inner " : 0 To .005"

Left Front - Outer Diameter: 0 To .004"
Mid " : 0 To .002"
Inner " : 0 To .004"

I Did Not Find Any Tolerence For Front Rotor Runout In My Service Manual Yet.

It Seems To Me .007 Runout Could Be A Cause For Pulsing Brakes.......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts