Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front pocket on my multi kept opening up as I would ride so I took it into the dealer and they said they had another customer with the same issue. They replaced it under warranty but I'm wondering how many other people have had this issue? I use my front pocket everyday as it is where I store my garage door opener so I'm thinking it just became lose from use constantly. Of this new one fails in a few months I may purchase the extended warranty if not for this issue alone since I don't have to worry about a DES failure with a standard bike and a manual ohlins on the rear.

·
Registered
392 Posts
does not fit well

Mine does not open on its own, but does not fit well, and looks like it wants to open.
OTOH the fuse block cover on the other side flew off on the highway.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My front pocket has always fit poorly and sometimes opens on it sown.

Thanks for figuring out that the dealer may replace it under warranty!

·
Registered
423 Posts
My pocket door has never stayed shut very well either. It opens when I go over any significant bump or when the bike starts (the shuddering of starting is enough to pop it open). Never thought about having it replaced under warranty- I was going to rivet a small sliding latch over it and be done.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Like others mine does stay closed but is a very poor fit. There is a very specific way of closing it or it pops right back up.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The door on mine didnt lay flush with the rest of the panel and that kind of bothered me so I figured it couldnt hurt to take it in and have them look at it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The door on mine didnt lay flush with the rest of the panel and that kind of bothered me so I figured it couldnt hurt to take it in and have them look at it.
+1

Also, wouldn't want to leave the key in there like a few of my friends. If you forget to take the key with you, your bike may be gone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts