Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening guys and gals,

Just a quick one, have been looking for a front paddock stand for our beloved ST’s, though I’m coming up short. Do any of you guys and gals use a front paddock stand? And if so, which ones have you got?

On a side note, getting the bike prepped for use, as my main vehicle (camper van) failed it’s MOT earlier this month. Fixed a coolant leak on the bike for a grand total of £1.80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
I suggest getting a stand that lifts from the bottom of the headstem. Mine is made by Kaneg made here in Australia.
The big advantage is you can service the forks with this type of stand.

·
Excel Addict
5,134 Posts
I also have the pin in headstem type.
Agree with Turbomart's comments.
Nice thing is that pins can be changed for different bikes with different bores in the headstem.
I just turn them in my lathe.
It is so superior I gave away my under the forks stand.
It also is far safer as it "locks" into the headstem.
I am more than happy to run the bike on the stands whereas with the under the forks I was always wary of that.
Mine is not Kaneg - it was given to me FoC, but my son and I both have Kaneg and no complaints.
Good quality and price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have one I just bought from FBF.

My 748 Biposto did not have a hole for the pins and he is the only one I could find that made a rubber bumper. I comes with several pins and a plate too.

The best thing about it is the ability to crank it up by 3mm increments.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Trackside front paddock stand. It requires a moderate amount of effort to lift the front. This effort comes after the rear is already on a stand. This is my first experience with a front stand.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your input guys, sorry not had chance to reply, been unwell last couple of weeks.

I’ll take these ideas away with me, and look at what’s available here in the UK when financial situation is a little better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts