Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow ducatistas,
I am looking to get a new front fender for my 999s and I am having a hard time deciding if I should get a carbon front fender or just stick with my red one. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
5,499 Posts
Carbon... definitely carbon. I just got a Shift Tech fender for my R... looks fucking amazing and soooooo light.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Ummmm, it's your bike, what do YOU think!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Tendency towards red - thinking the same for my 999s - feel like the carbon is mix/match - do what you FEEL looks best - that's what I'm gonna do - I'm sticking with red for now maybe carbon if I change the rest of color scheme :)

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I had carbon fairings on my 749 when I got it and a red fender.
I put a carbon fender on my Triumph sprint because it was broken and a carbon was less than repair or factory replacement.
I put a carbon fender on my 848 because once again the factory was broken.

Spend some money on something that will make it better. The factory one is super lite anyway.

I'm a cheap arse and if I spend money I want it to do something.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
The difference in weight between a Shift-Tech CF fender and OEM is substantial. And as mentioned it's a good part to replace for weight savings in the front.
If your partial to your red one, how about adding a white Corse stripe kit and logo.
Try these guys for one:

www.srsigndesign.com

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i will more than likely go with the carbon. I can always paint it! One more question gents. Which front number plate you like? The second plate would NOT have the xerox logos and the pinstripe would be black! I like both!

A.

or B.

·
Premium Member
5,499 Posts
i will more than likely go with the carbon. I can always paint it! One more question gents. Which front number plate you like? The second plate would NOT have the xerox logos and the pinstripe would be black! I like both!
It depends on whether or not you have number plates on the rear. If so I would go with whichever of these two pinstripe styles most closely matches those that are currently on the bike. Personally, I like the shape of B better, especially where it follows the fairing curvature back along the bottom of the windscreen. However, I really don't like the inset pinstripe on B, prefering an outline pinstripe like A.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts