Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know where I could get a replacment front fender bolt other than from a Ducati dealer? Donelsons has to order them, and even though the fender is fine with the three bolts holding it on, it looks better when it has all four. Thanks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Might check with your local hardware store, they will be cheaper. The only problem is they might not match exactly, but heck you could just buy 4 of them of the same metric size. If you go that route take a bolt or make sure you know the size of it.

For my fairing I like the look of the black metric hex head socket, to the standard duc bolt. I believe the size is an m5.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Might check with your local hardware store, they will be cheaper. The only problem is they might not match exactly, but heck you could just buy 4 of them of the same metric size. If you go that route take a bolt or make sure you know the size of it.

For my fairing I like the look of the black metric hex head socket, to the standard duc bolt. I believe the size is an m5.
yea i agree with rob on where to go and get one. lowe's and home depot both have metric bolts. I am 90% certain that it is an M5 as well.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I'll swing over to the hardware store and see if I can't come up with a reasonable substitute.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, turns out it is an M6, and they had a couple of bolt types that looked like they might work, so I bought 4 of each as Rob suggested. Unfortunately, when I got home, it would've required more than finger pressure to make them go into the bracket, so I didn't push it, for fear of messing up the threads in the fender bracket. Maybe the thread pitch is different enough on the Lowes bolts, even though at the store, the nut that I brought along to test the bolts' fit went on the bolts just fine. Oh well, we tried. I guess I'll just order from Ducati and wait. :(

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had a bit of the same problem with the threads pitches, Hackman lumber and hardware where I went had various thread pitches and took a bit it find the exact fit for the stock fairing mounts.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Rob!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Call Halls in springfield

Tell what you need have them throw in an envelope and your done. If it is a weirdo type of bolt that is.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I did just that yesterday, and they said they had put it in the mail then, so we'll see when it gets here. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts