Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
9,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've come across a very low mileage hyper 1100S that I'm interested in purchasing and fixing up as my next project.

Since I've never had a hyper apart I can't just look at the bike and know what it'll need right off the bat, so I was hoping that you guys can help me make a parts list that I can use as an estimate as to how much it'll cost me to get this bike back to tip top shape.

Also, to those who have experienced similar damage, is there any specific weak point in the bike that won't be apparent at first glance? Ie are the triple clamps prone to warpage, will the axle be toast, will the steering stops be busted off?

Also, can that forged marchesini be repaired? Looks like a writeoff to me and that'd be a huge bargaining point. Seller says right off the bat that the forks are toast but the brakes are fine. Also I can tell what exterior bodywork needs to be replaced, but are there any interior pieces like ducts I need to worry about? Also, how many pieces does the fairing stay comprise? Is it one piece that everything mounts to?

Here are the pics:

(looks like a streetfighter now :p)

Put a shirt on you fat hairy bastard!

Cheers :D

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Haven't crashed mine, yet...
You can download the spare parts catalogs here:Ducati

Does the bike start and is the instrument panel working? I had my instrument panel changed and it was ~ 950 € (mine was still under warranty).

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
As long as the forks & and the steering column are not bent, it looks like just plastic parts.

·
9,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
^the forks are toast.

By steering column do you mean the steering neck (ie frame?) or the stem (the part that connects the two triple clamps)?

I'd expect a much more severe incident to damage the steering tube and/or stem. I've seen bikes with more damage that didn't have anything wrong with the steering. In fact the steering stem is the last thing to bend before the frame...

JPA, knock on wood man! I don't know if the cluster is working, but if it's busted I won't even bother with the bike. Cost of replacement is too high, and then the actual km's won't show either.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
607 Posts
From pics and description;
1. Front rim/tire
2. Forks
3. Headlight fairing (beak)
4. Headlight bracket (plastic)
5. Headlight lower bracket (metal)
6. Both side panels (fairings)
7. Front right fork protector
8. Triple tree/steering stem?
9. Dash? Headlight? mirrors? hand guards? turn signals?
10 ECU and computer shit is under the broken right tank fairing. check that too

forks $850

hypermotard fork | eBay

beak $220

2010 DUCATI Hypermotard EVO 1100 Front Upper Fairing Beak Cowl | eBay

Headlight bracket (black plastic) $100

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducati-Hype...Parts_Accessories&hash=item43b2b4b233&vxp=mtr

side fairings $250 you could piece OEM for about (350 used)

Ducati Hypermotard 1100 07 08 Carbon Fiber Side Fairing | eBay

pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f031af3e5&vxp=mtr

headlight bracket $20

Hypermotard Ducati 1100 09 Stay Front Fairing Bracket Headlight D847 | eBay

Headlight about $200 if oem is broke

Steering stem lower triple bent? $250

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-12-Ducat...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aba05ed62&vxp=mtr

If cluster (dashboard) works, buy it if price of bike is good (<$3000)

If need dash, add another $1000.

Rim and tire $800 (if forged)

without dash, around $3000 for all parts, (used parts). that will cover paint too, if you wanted to paint carbon, etc.

I've seen just about all parts available cheap on ebay, if you are willing to hunt for them.

A great ebay used dealer for hypers' is rubbersideup.

http://www.rubbersideup.com/servlet/the-Ducati-cln-Hypermotard/Categories

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Mangler's list is quite comprehensive, everything I would have said. Steering stops are Swiss cheese and bend easily, difficult to bend back. Forged rims can be fixed, but not that one... IMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts