Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Since I got my 1260 Multi out this year, whenever I run over harsh edged bumps I hear a clank in the front end. It kind of sounds like someone smacking a toaster oven. I've checked all the bolts in the exhaust, skid plate, brakes and front end that I can see. I haven't started removing body panels yet. Has anyone experienced anything similar with their 1260?

Thanks,
Jeremy

·
Registered
47 Posts
Any chance it is the floating rotors loosening up after sitting for awhile?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I doubt it because it's been doing it for 500 miles. However, is there any way to prove that is or is not the issue?

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't believe the oil cooler is held by a bolt there, from memory when I installed my oil cooler guard, it has two posts that fit into the front facing holes, and then is secured in place from the bottom?

·
Registered
2019 Multistrada PP
95 Posts
Forks bottoming out? Have you considered tightening the axle bolts and brake caliper bolts as well? I'm sure you would've felt that through the bars but just to be safe.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The forks on my 2011 made noise for quite a long time, as I remember it's a common problem. Kind of a minor clunking sound when I hit a bump. It went away when I had the fork service and springs changed.

edit. Here's some info

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took it for a test ride before I put the plastics back on, and this seems to have eliminated the noise, so thankfully it isn't my forks for any critical braking component. I did check the axle and calipers just to be safe and sure though.

My oil cooler has a post on the left side and then this hole on the right side with a nut clipped on the back of it for a M5 bolt.

Now I just need to get rid of the clank from the sidestand and centerstand. Maybe heavier springs?

And refitting the long plastic pieces that say Ducati seems impossible. I can't get the front tab into the hole, even though it is on the rear two tabs and seems perfectly placed.

·
Sophomore Member
2,783 Posts
What are you doing? Trying to have a quiet Ducati?!? I’d leave the springs alone on the stands, but put a strip of rubber at the contact point.

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL, well I'd like to reduce a few of the clanks and rattles. The center stand already has a rubber bushing it hits, but still seems to clank over every bump anyway. Maybe I'm just looking for things to annoy me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts