Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Front end bounce/ fork oil??

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  EricT 
#1 ·
Hey members,

How often do people change there fork oil??

My front end has just started to get a little "bouncy" after being off the road for its 6K miles service. I did transport it a couple of times. Once to a dealer for CO check and once to get Paint protection installed. Both trips would have been 140 miles total in the back of a van with the front forks compressed lightly for transport. Probably one half of their travel.

On my first ride over the weekend the front end appears to bounce over bumps. Almost like the rebound and compression needs adjusting. It turns into corners like normal and this has just started after the service.....

Could be a coincidence but my fork oil to my knowledge has never been changed.
Nick

#6 ·
Compressing the forks for transport wouldn't cause any problem, I've done that many times with the tie straps cranked down pretty tight. What else could cause a bouncing front end? Not enough rebound damping could cause it. Check the setting.

If that's not it, then maybe there's not enough oil in the forks.

Once I sent a shock out for a rebuild and it came back to me with no gas charge. The rear end was like a pogo stick. Kind of funny actually, but only because I didn't crash :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.