Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Front cylinder head guard

4379 Views 13 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Snipe-no
Does anyone make a head guard to compliment the Altrider, SW Motech, Touratech style header guards that are out there? I have the Altrider on mine. The only one I've found is CNC Racing....but it is a thin stainless plate.....doesn't look rugged, or match the above header guards. I went to Altrider today to see if they could make a plate to match their header guard ( seems simple ), but got a " it wont work" response ( even though I showed them the CNC Racing plate ). Thought it might be a good idea? They seemed to have no interest.
I really don't like the Fenda extenda, but want to protect the magnesium head from rocks when offroading.....maybe I'll fab one as last resort.
Is this something other riders are looking for or made?
-Jeff
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Duc MTS UK forum has a link to this one:
Ducati Multistrada 1200 Cylinder Head Guard | eBay
My DIY guard is probably not what you're looking for but here are some pics to view and consider, its easy to make from 3 mm aluminium sheet and a bit of drilling. And yes I have the fender extender fitted a good combination IMHO.

Attachments

See less See more
I seem to recall a DIY plate covering that on Andys MTS page.. A really rugged looking piece as gar as i recall. Ill see if i can find a link.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com App
My DIY guard is probably not what you're looking for but here are some pics to view and consider, its easy to make from 3 mm aluminium sheet and a bit of drilling. And yes I have the fender extender fitted a good combination IMHO.
That's nice looking
I took the cylinder guard from CNC along with the header guard from Alt Rider and had a powdercoater match the finishes.

I went with the crinkle finish as it won't stain as bad as with the smoother finishes.
See less See more
Wow guys, thanks, you've all inspired me! Think I'll just make my own....uncledon, thats what I'm talkin about, nice job. Borracho, nice idea, love the blackout job. I've Black powder coated parts on my dark beauty, but left the Altrider and lower belly pan natural because I go offroad sometimes and didn't want chips showing. I like my Altrider parts, but as mentioned earlier they didn't know what guard I was talking about and after showing them the CNC Racing plate, proceeded to tell me it wont work, problems with prototype design, build, test, ect. Basically made me feel as if I was wasting their time, wasn't gonna happen. Thats fine, just thought I cant be the only one who would like something as simple as this, but as I left he said if they make anything else for the Multi 1200, it will be a rear reservoir protector. Told him if the rear reservoir broke on anyones Multi, they wouldn't know it anyway!
Well, when someone tells me "It wont work"....thats when I try and make it work. Funny, uncledon, Borracho, yours seems to work and looks great!
See less See more
Nope, works great.

What a bunch of yahoos.
I seem to recall a DIY plate covering that on Andys MTS page.. A really rugged looking piece as gar as i recall. Ill see if i can find a link.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Motorcycle.com App
Yes that's my design and article on Andy's site.
Combined with the fender extender it works a treat to protect the front cylinder.

http://www.motorcycleinfo.co.uk/index.cfm?fa=contentGeneric.xcqsqfklorcyzcxw&pageId=4960736
You guys motivated me. Uncledon gave me the specs for his and I made my own cylinder head guard based upon his design. Thanks for the specs. I'll post pics up when I get it on my bike
You guys motivated me. Uncledon gave me the specs for his and I made my own cylinder head guard based upon his design. Thanks for the specs. I'll post pics up when I get it on my bike
Where's mine bro?
Let me se if my design looks ok. I made it from measurements at my dads house. He has enough stainless to make another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Normally I'd get everything all clean before mounting anything up but since I was leaving on business I just did a quick test fit. A tad short but I was limited by the amount of scrap stainless I had on hand. Uncledon's measurements were spot-on. Thanks

See less See more
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.