Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I have a 750ss 1997 model carerator type
on the weekend I went for a ride at a fav bike haunt,
any way too the point as I started into the twisties I noticed the front brake lever was was gettting very firm and the front end was getting hard to steer into a crn,plus the bike was labouring, this built up to a point where I stopped front wheel locked tight and front brake lever you could not move, period.:eek:
so I dragged the bike over to side of the road and waited for about 20 minutes, so I could touch the front disk's, the brake lever returned to near normal, I contined on very cautiously to my coffee spot, borrowed a flat screw driver and gave the front brake lever more free play, rode home and all seems OK......any thoughts as to what happen?
I am about too flush out the front brake fluid so see if anything comes out.

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
that is basicly the same problem others had with their clutch system,
where the clutch would not engage from a certain moment on.

there is a return valve in your master cylinder, on both the clutch
and brake side, which is blocked if the lever hasn't enough free play.

member shazaan has written a valuable post about this subject in the
hall of wisdom section of this board, it is about clutches but answers
your question in full.
it even has a nice pic of mentioned valve in it. :)

cheers.

*everything is fine with your system now is what i tried to say.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I had that happen to my rear brake, overheated the rotor so bad that when I stopped (couldn't move anymore) it was glowing read. At that point my Kevlar line blew off the end of the caliper. Problem ended up being the lever adjustment bolt was loose and vibrating it's was out slowly putting pressure on the brake.

Had similar problem with my clutch, screw that goes into the plunger was in too far, this would cause clutch to stay engaged and slip when engine got hot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts