Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gearing up to change my front brake pads on my 2010 Multi. They have 21k on them and I'm not going to push it. Change brake fluid, taking off the calibers, I got this. But I'm hearing issues with getting the pad clip back, on/in to be able to insert the pin in. Can anyone give light and hindsight on this?

I bought the Ferodo HH pads though Essex. A U.S. DESMO member is the Engineer over there. He a good guy and flat track racer.

TIA BobL.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Don't need to remove calipers. Pull both pins and the clip, remove old pads. Very carefully push pistons back in a bit, watching to make sure you don't push fluid out the res. Install new pads. Draw out all old fluid from res, put fresh in and bleed the system till you have fresh coming out of the calipers.

·
Registered
304 Posts
After you install the new pads, you should clean your rotors with brake cleaner and Scotchbrite pads. This will remove material from the old pads. Then you need to break in the new pads with several stops using moderate pressure. This will transfer material from the new pads to your rotors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts