Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brake bleed valve 10x1 23
Front brake master cylinder screw 6x1 10 In the sequence 1 (sup)
2-1
Front brake fluid reservoir retaining screw 6x1 10 Brembo preassembly
Front brake fluid reservoir bracket screw 6x1 10 Brembo preassembly
Gentlemen-
I am coming late to the party, I apologize. Sheared the front master cylinder bleed screw off of my '06 Sport Classic- cannot, for the life of me, find info for a replacement.
So I'm to understand from the above that the bleeder screw is 6x1? The Star Twin catalog doesn't separate the bleed screw out from the MC.
Sorry to hijack, but this is the first promising lead I've had. Thanks for your help.

SJ

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gentlemen-
I've rudely hijacked another thread, now I'm asking in a new thread: What is the size of the MC bleeder screw on the '06 Sport Classic? Mine sat idle for a year while deployed, and I sheared it off when prepping to start riding upon my return. I can't find any definitive information, and have ordered or bought a few wrong replacement parts. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

SJ

·
Official Retired Person
7,514 Posts
Pretty sure this is not the info you want/need but right now it's the best I can do. '07 GT1000 stock brakes. I'll have a look at my manuals later today. Maybe there is a spec listed.

11 mm = .43 inches (or so!)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate it, but it's the master cylinder on the right handlebar for the brake, not the caliper. Haven't been stupid enough to shear that one off yet.
I don't have the shop manual, and the owner's manual says Brembo RCS 16, but the part I DID order for that was not the correct size, so I probably have a spare for the one you were so kind to measure for me. Thanks again.
SJ

·
Registered
534 Posts
Gentlemen-
I am coming late to the party, I apologize. Sheared the front master cylinder bleed screw off of my '06 Sport Classic- cannot, for the life of me, find info for a replacement.
So I'm to understand from the above that the bleeder screw is 6x1? The Star Twin catalog doesn't separate the bleed screw out from the MC.
Sorry to hijack, but this is the first promising lead I've had. Thanks for your help.

SJ
Which part exactly in what diagram are you looking at? I think those bleeder screws that go onto all the various masters and slaves around the bike are standard issue industry wide parts, not ducati specific?

·
Official Retired Person
7,514 Posts
What? I didn't read your post correctly? What are the chances if that?

Pretty good actually. But, it appears some one has correctly read it and provided a proper response. Whew. Thanks.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks, to both Blitzen and ngtc1000. Correct part ordered, hopefully be riding shortly. ngtc1000, Wake Forest is not that far from me, I'm in Harleyland, if you or brethren have something going on clue me in. Thanks again,

SJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts