Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 1260S Touring, 2200 miles, went into the garage this morning to look at it because its been months (5+) since Ive been able to ride it. Im so disheartened to see the amount of rust that has accumulated on it, the chain is gonna need replaced and I'm sure several other things, but what's concerning is the front brake crossover hose. The fittings seem to have major corrosion/rust just above the banjo bolt. Is this a warranty thing caused by fluid leak? Its only on the left side, the right caliper seems to be OK. Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yep, I'd say my 2016 has a poor anti-corrosion coating on the ferrules too. They weren't rusted yet, but the coating was corroding. I gave them a nice rubbing with greasy fingers to help provide temporary corrosion resistance. That will have to be done every few months, probably.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Post some photos. Unless it was resting at the bottom of a river, I highly doubt there's enough corrosion to warrant replacing the chain.

·
Registered
123 Posts
A lot of how fast/heavily rust forms on bare metal depends on where you live. If you live next to the ocean, the salt in the air will destroy stuff a lot faster than if you live someplace dry like Arizona.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I live in St Louis, it is stored in a garage but it is not climate controlled. Moisture is a problem sometimes but the garage is well ventilated. Ill take some pictures and try to post them tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts