Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '98 916 and am in the process of reassembling the front end after getting the forks serviced and getting new Marchesini 10 spoke forged aluminum wheels. I noticed that there was no steel washer under the front axle nut, but that the parts exploded diagram showed one. The dealer said they are not available. Does anyone know if these are available and where? I don't like the idea of the nut bearing directly on the aluminum lower leg of the fork. I could get one made, too.

Larry

·
Registered
938 Posts
fastlarry said:
I have a '98 916 and am in the process of reassembling the front end after getting the forks serviced and getting new Marchesini 10 spoke forged aluminum wheels. I noticed that there was no steel washer under the front axle nut, but that the parts exploded diagram showed one. The dealer said they are not available. Does anyone know if these are available and where? I don't like the idea of the nut bearing directly on the aluminum lower leg of the fork. I could get one made, too.

Larry
If you measure it up, I am sure that you can find a better than OEM replacement (stainless mil-spec or something...may want to steer clear from titanium due to galvanic corrosion). A washer just has to be slightly larger than the dia. of the nut to spread out forces and keep safe the fillet radii on bolts.

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
What he said.

And call another dealer about it. They should be able to get them, since they where used on all SBK´s (except Öhlins).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.