Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had a new front tire put on my Hypermotard. This is the first time the wheel has come off since I purchased it. I used the workshop manual like a good boy to make sure I was doing it by the book... and noticed that there was no washer under the front axle nut. The nut is contacting the fork lower directly. Anyone else missing the washer or was the guy who assembled my bike asleep that day?

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Today I had a new front tire put on my Hypermotard. This is the first time the wheel has come off since I purchased it. I used the workshop manual like a good boy to make sure I was doing it by the book... and noticed that there was no washer under the front axle nut. The nut is contacting the fork lower directly. Anyone else missing the washer or was the guy who assembled my bike asleep that day?
There is a washer under the front axel nut part # (852.1.181.1A) Aloha Alex

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine was missing from new (2008 S), I asked dealer who said there wasn't one for the Hyper....so I made one on my lathe as I didn't want to ruin the aluminium or get a false torque reading.

·
Registered
41 Posts
washer

My 08 has one as well.

Odd that it is missing. Cetainly would be concerned about galling or inaccurate torque values as Johnb alluded to.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
It must have been a Japanese or Canadian guy on the line that morning! :rolleyes:

Out!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
It must have been a Japanese or Canadian guy on the line that morning! :rolleyes:

Out!
Hey now, I never had a "missing" washer on any of my "Japanese" motorcycles,
so I think it had to have been the Italian with the "Vino" the night before. :cool:
Out 2 U 2! :D Alex

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
alex ... the factory cafeteria serves beer and wine for lunch ... so the night before syndrome is not the only possible cause.

axe ... a canadian (unless they are japanese canadian) would have made sure to include the washer ... it's the japanese you need to watch out for :rolleyes:

Hey now, I never had a "missing" washer on any of my "Japanese" motorcycles,
so I think it had to have been the Italian with the "Vino" the night before. :cool:
Out 2 U 2! :D Alex

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
Mine has been lightened too, so much faster, , , after all it is RED

1 - 11 of 11 Posts