Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this isn't a silly question...

Looking for front and rear stands for my '01 900ss.
I know that the swingarm doesn't have openings for rear spools.
What do you guys use, where do i find them, how much am i going to pay, and do i have to make any mods????
Thanks!

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Google T REX STANDS, had mine for 4 years and half the price of pit bull.
YMMV

·
Registered
89 Posts
woodcraft

woodcraft makes great frt and rear stands. frt is pin style and rear just supports under swingarm (easy to use)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Google Pit Bull Stands. They're not cheap, but they are the best.
Pit Bull Ducati 749/999 Rear Stand

This stand is designed specifically for use with non-spooled Ducati 999 and 749 motorcycles.

Are these the ones you are referring to?

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Remember to look for a stand for the double sided swing arm for the rear. Some ducati's are SSSA and the super sports are DSSA, as well as some monsters, 999 etc.....

·
Registered
297 Posts
my 2 cents

I already had a rear stand but wanted a front stand just to get the front wheel off the cold concrete garage floor during winter. I bought this front stand. It works great. So great I bought a second. I have one for the 95 900SS CR and another on the 2005 MTS 1000S DS. For the price it can't be beat. It's very solid and well made.

BVP Front Fork Stand - KneeDraggers.com

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,365 Posts
Hope this isn't a silly question...

Looking for front and rear stands.......What do you guys use.......and do i have to make any mods????
I use my trusty old Lockhart Phillips stands. They're shown here in an old pic supporting my RC51 but I use these same stands on my 900SS. No mods should be necessary to use them on your bike.
Just be sure to use the correct size pin in the front stand to fit the hole in the steering stem on the underside of your lower triple clamp. And make sure the swingarm supporting pads on the rear stand are adjusted to fit snuggly against the swingarm.

I put some padding around the supporting arm of the front stand and taped it up to lessen the chance of scratching the front cowl or fender when installing/removing the stand.
Putting a soft cloth or small towel over the front fender when you install/remove the front stand is a good idea too.
I also use a thick plastic washer under the pin so as not to scratch up the under side of the lower triple clamp when rotating the forks side to side during front wheel changes or fork removal/repair work.

Does anybody make one that does front OR rear?
An Abba Superbike Stand might be able to do both front or rear.

Click me.>>>>>abba Product Demonstration Video - YouTube

Abba Motorcycle Equipment website. Click me.>>>>>Motorcycle Stands - Abba Stands, UK

·
Registered
78 Posts
F&R Wheel Stands

I'm using a Pitbull front wheel stand and a LP racing rear stand.
Both work fine in my experience.:cool:

·
Registered
89 Posts
I Got GPI Industries front and rear stands you can get them on ebay or direct from their website great by you can get some minor blemish stands for about 140.00 shipped or perfect condition for about 150.00 They work perfectly and come with multiple attachments to hold up multiple different style bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I already had a rear stand but wanted a front stand just to get the front wheel off the cold concrete garage floor during winter. I bought this front stand. It works great. So great I bought a second. I have one for the 95 900SS CR and another on the 2005 MTS 1000S DS. For the price it can't be beat. It's very solid and well made.

BVP Front Fork Stand - KneeDraggers.com
Well spent!!

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Hi,

Do not use or buy the LP stands. I have seen bikes fall of the rearstand. In the case of stands the PitBull stands are really worth the price.

I have worked as a mechanic for years and seen alot of bikes fall off cheap stands... (esp LP)
Keep in mind that the difference in price from the cheap LP to the PitBull will not replace a faring...

I am using Move stands as I live in Europe and It would have cost me too much money to have the stands shiped to me (and it would have taken 3-4 months to get them...) The Move stands are a close second :) (when compaired to PitBull)

Gray

·
Premium Member
12,443 Posts
I bought a Ducati rear stand for my Hyper and Now that I got a MTS ,I wanted to change the spindle to the larger one , That was a selling point for the Ducati Brand stand,(interchangable spindles) Now it seems Ducati does not sell just the spindle for the stand ... Just so you know...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Cup stands suck. Always. But especially at the track when the bike is on/off them all day long.

2 ways to convert to bobbin stands;
method 1 is simple and OK for tyre warmers or general maintenance but does not let you change wheels so has limited use

screwed rod is put through the spindle with bobbins held on with nylock nuts, easy to do and very cheap.

Method 2 is more involved but is worth the effort

I drilled the swing arm and bolted brackets on - the picture is unfinished before it was cleaned up & painted etc.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Pit Bull and FG, that is all I'll use.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can anyone confirm that a pitbull head lifting stand will work with an ss ie? If not what other head lifting stands will work? My Kaneg stand doesn't work because there is not enough clearance between the lower tripple and the fender to get it in there. I don't want a fork lifting stand because I'll need to drop the forks reguarly to get serviced. Cheers, sorry to dig up and old thread.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Can anyone confirm that a pitbull head lifting stand will work with an ss ie? If not what other head lifting stands will work? My Kaneg stand doesn't work because there is not enough clearance between the lower tripple and the fender to get it in there. I don't want a fork lifting stand because I'll need to drop the forks reguarly to get serviced. Cheers, sorry to dig up and old thread.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I'm using a Pitbull front stand on both my 900SS's I have one of the older headlift conversions and one of the new ones (hybrid dual lift). They can do both under fork and the triple in the steerer tube with a pin. Both work on both bikes, a 93 and a 2000 ie. They work great.

I noticed in one of the earlier threads someone asking about a front stand and it sounded like they wanted to use that alone. You should always have a rear stand in place using a front stand.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts