Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Helimot the only Frey Daytona boot retailer? I don't see them in catalogues although I recall several years back a shop in MA selling them.

·
Administrator
12,311 Posts
AFAIK they are the only US distributor. I bought a pair for my wife there a few months ago and she loves them.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying to decide between some Sidi Vertigos and the Daytona Road Star GTX's. I've been using the Vertigo's for the past three years and really liked them. But, I've heard so many good things about the Daytona's that I may try them. Problem is that with no retailer around here I can't try them for size. Do yu have any idea how the sizing compares to Sidi's?

·
Administrator
12,311 Posts
I use the Sidis also but when they wear out I may consider the Daytonas. The sizing is very similar. Helimot will exchange at no charge if the sizing isn't right for you.

·
Administrator
12,311 Posts
I walked out of his place in a cash shock too after getting the boots for the wife BUT she had dropped her bike a couple of times in the past and she is positive these have saved her from two different drops now so they really paid for themselves. The boots give her more then two extra inches of height.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
I've had 3 pairs of Daytona's... Evo sports (saved my ankles twice on the track) the Modul Vario's (they don't make 'em anymore) and the Trans Open GTX. Can't say enough about these boots. Worth every penny. I still wear all of 'em. I tried the Spirit XCR's, but I didn't like 'em better than the Trans Opens and they would have served the same purpose. I'm tempted to try the Vendramini Marathon's, but honestly don't think they'll surpass the Daytona's. And yes, as far as I can tell, Helimot is the only distributer.

B

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I received my Roadstar GTX's yesterday. They are the same size (euro 45) as my Sidi Vertigo's. But, they are a tad longer and roomier in width. I changed the inserts and they fit me pretty well. I was surprised that they lack the hard protective pieces that my Sidi's had. The inner "armor" that protects inner and outer ankle bones is not as hard or substantial as those on the Sidi's. And, there are no toe sliders or plastic heel protection. Workmanship is excellent. The quality of the leather and the inner boot are also first rate. My Sidi's were the most comfortable boots I've ever had until the Roadstars. These boots are incredibly comfortable. No doubt you can wear these all day long. I called Helimot and spoke to a guy who said he was helping out with the phones and that he races (and has crashed) in his Roadstars. He also said that the plastic safety bits on most boots are a cheap way of providing protection. He assured me that the Roadstars are even more protective as a result of the quality of the leather and the construction of the boots. He was very enthusiastic about the boots as many others have been. After speaking with him and getting the fit right, I decided to keep the boots. Basically, I figured it was worth doing for a new experience and because I have no doubt they are a quality product. Hopefully, I won't be real world testing them for safety.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts