Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This may now be a common experience, but in times of COVID, ordering from the USA, I have just had a bellypan, supposedly, spend over a month " in transit ", in the air. Also, unrelated, a parcel I've sent from the Lismore area to Adelaide, has been sitting in Melbourne for eight days. Thus, if you order stuff on the internet do not be surprised if it takes much longer than usual to get to you.

Orders from Carpimoto in Italy though, have come reasonably quickly.

Attachments

·
Registered
Ducati 1198s 2009
11 Posts
I posted a parcel to the USA on the 2nd May and tracking says awaiting departure in Brisbane.
Slowest I have ever seen it.My parcels to the USA usually take just over 7 days.

·
Registered
723 Posts
A lot of freight is transported on domestic flights, especially in the US it will move across the country on those to an international delivery hub somewhere so with those being extremely limited your freight is backing up and taking forever to find it's way onto a flight. Even if it's destined for a freight flight the limited room compared to the demand is delaying everything as well.

Domestically in Australia it's much more reliable to send freight by road, 2 days from VIC to BRIS is consistent and there's nothing slowing it's progress. Airbags and air freight is very hit and miss, I send it every day at customers insistence and i'm having maybe 50% delivery success, those bags that don't make it overnight can take 3 days waiting for room on a plane.

It doesn't help that so many of us are working from home, shopping or working on projects so buying all sorts of things instead of being out and about as normal which just adds to the backlog while no one is travelling.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I ordered parts from the UK not long ago, they're already installed on the bike. Other stuff I ordered through Amazon, some as far back as April I'm still waiting on.

·
Registered
Ducati 1198s 2009
11 Posts
A lot of freight is transported on domestic flights, especially in the US it will move across the country on those to an international delivery hub somewhere so with those being extremely limited your freight is backing up and taking forever to find it's way onto a flight. Even if it's destined for a freight flight the limited room compared to the demand is delaying everything as well.

Domestically in Australia it's much more reliable to send freight by road, 2 days from VIC to BRIS is consistent and there's nothing slowing it's progress. Airbags and air freight is very hit and miss, I send it every day at customers insistence and i'm having maybe 50% delivery success, those bags that don't make it overnight can take 3 days waiting for room on a plane.

It doesn't help that so many of us are working from home, shopping or working on projects so buying all sorts of things instead of being out and about as normal which just adds to the backlog while no one is travelling.
Makes sense,thanks for the info.;)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Ordered a mounting bracket for a 2.5" drive that I added to my computer. Ordered from newegg.com.
Took a month to arrive from China. Came today. The tracking info still says in transit.
A small thing and the drive works fine unmounted, but I wanted to make it neat inside the box.

Reminds me of way back when you would order something from a catalog by mail and expect it in 6-8 weeks.
And there was no tracking. Or computers as we know them now. :rolleyes:

Edit. Newegg says ships from China. The envelope has a label stuck over another label, and it looks like it was shipped to the UK first then to me?
WTF? I'm confused. At least it arrived.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts