Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One year ago today Sumer and I received a 3AM phone call and made a mad rush to New Jersey and 18 years of Kidney Dialysis came to an end. At roughly 5pm I went in for surgery and three hours later I had a new lease on life! My Freedom Kidney! Here we are a year later and I'm still learning that I need to pee before we leave!! This was made possible by a selfless act by a grieving mother who had just a day earlier lost her son. Thank you Tracey and know I'll never forget that while I call this my Freedom Kidney, it was far from free.

A great many of you also donated money to my Go Fund Me page both before and after the surgery to help with expenses and I thank you all so very much. This certainly didn't happen in a vacuum. Sometimes it takes a village.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Donated organs are awesome.

I lost a good motorcycle friend to a brain injury that took his life. He was mid 20's and healthy. We were all sad but it did help all his friends and family to know that 6 of his organs went to people who really needed them.

·
Official Retired Person
7,355 Posts
Wow! A year already?

That's awesome, Chuck. Years ago my best friend was told he needed a heart transplant. He waited about a year. All he was told about the donor was male, mid 20's, no health problems, died of head injuries in an auto accident. He was not allowed to know more. It's all different now and I think it's damn cool you know that much about your donor.

Treasure your new kidney and the extra time it's providing for you. We're all glad you're here to tell the story!

Reactions: Rainman

·
Señor Member
8,202 Posts
To tell the truth I was a bit worried/scared when I agreed to donating to your cause only because of my age and how recovery would affect my life. But regardless, I was prepared to do it. Glad it worked out for you given I was not a match. Happy anniversary, as such.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
A year already? Time flies. Glad it's working well for you.
I use a mental checklist on the way out the door.

Keys money wallet brain. Feel free to add, pee. (y)

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
One year ago today Sumer and I received a 3AM phone call and made a mad rush to New Jersey and 18 years of Kidney Dialysis came to an end. At roughly 5pm I went in for surgery and three hours later I had a new lease on life! My Freedom Kidney!
Eighteen years. I can't even imagine. This is a rare ocassion, Chuck .. because for once I'm short for words.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Congrats on your anniversary !

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Can't believe it's been a whole year. Real glad you haven't had any problems with rejection. God is good....

·
Premium Member
12,254 Posts
so good to hear that. my brother got 25 years out of his new kidney, my Angel big sister Sue gave him one of hers. I think at the time that 5 (could be wrong) years would be called a success, must be a HUGE change for the better, Now you are perfect! Karma is cool.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts