Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Bon Vivant
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys see this?

I guess those of us who took delivery of our streetfighters on the premier weekend are out of luck!! Kinda pisses me off a little.

03 June 2009
Now including both A & B 7500 services!

Ducati just made your next motorcycle purchase decision easier by introducing "Full Factory Support," a zero cost maintenance program. This summer ride with Ducati Factory Support, including no maintenance costs and the industry's most comprehensive warranty—24 months/unlimited mileage.

Program Period: June 4 - August 31, 2009
Eligible Motorcycles: All new, previously unregistered 2008 and 2009 Ducati models
Where Available: Participating authorized Ducati dealerships

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What models are eligible for the program?
All new and previously unregistered 2008 and 2009 Ducati models purchased from June 4, 2009 to August 31, 2009 at participating dealerships.

How do I know I am signed up for the program?
Your dealer will have you sign an acknowledgment form and then register you online. An e-mail confirmation will be provided to you once the paperwork has been received by Ducati North America.

How do I know if my dealer is participating?
Participating dealers will be listed by 11:59pm PST on Wednesday, June 10. But why wait? Tell your dealer to sign up now!

What services are covered under the program?
The Full Factory Support maintenance program covers the first two services as outlined in your owners manual and include:

Service 1: to be performed within 6 months of delivery date or 600 miles, whichever comes first.

Service 2: to be performed within 12 months of delivery date or 7,500 miles*, whichever comes first. To be eligible for the program, Service 2 service must be completed no later than 30 days within one year of the delivery date of your motorcycle.

*If you reach 7,500 miles within the first year you are also eligible for Service A (valve inspection) to be done in conjunction with the 2nd Service. See your owners manual for complete details.

What items are included in the services?
Service 1 includes the following maintenance operations:

* Change engine oil
* Change engine oil filter
* Check brake and clutch oil level
* Check chain tension, alignment and lubrication
* Check brake pads. Replace as needed
* Road test motorcycle

Service 2 includes the following maintenance operations:

* Change engine oil
* Change engine oil filter
* Check brake and clutch oil level
* Brake and clutch controls check and adjustment
* Check and lubricate starter/accelerator controls
* Tire pressure and wear check
* Check chain tension, alignment and lubrication
* Check brake pads. Replace as needed
* Check warning and instrument lighting
* Check and tighten engine to frame mounting nuts
* Check side stand
* Check front wheel tightening nut
* Check rear wheel tightening nut
* Check external fuel line
* Check front fork oil and rear shock absorber for leaks
* Check front sprocket
* Lubrication and greasing at all required points
* Check battery and charging system
* Road test motorcycle
* General cleaning
* Check coolant level (4 valve models only)
* Check power fans and cooling circuit seals (4 valve models only)
* Change fuel filter (S4RS and S4R models only)

Ducati service intervals and required operations are related to both time and mileage. Note that if you reach 7,500 miles within the first year you are also eligible for Service A (valve inspection) to be done in conjunction with the 2nd Service. See your owners manual for complete details.

Can I have my second service done before 12 months?
Yes. Under the this program you can complete the 2nd service within 30 days of the 1-year anniversary of delivery of your motorcycle.

Note: The second service should be performed no later than 12 months or 7,500 miles, whichever comes first. If you reach 7,500 miles within the first year you are also eligible for Service A (valve inspection) to be done in conjunction with the 2nd Service. See your owners manual for complete details.

Where do I bring my motorcycle for service?
You can bring your motorcycle to any authorized Ducati dealer participating in the program. The list of participating dealers will be posted on this page by 11:59pm PST on Wednesday, June 10.

How do I claim the cost of the services?
Simply schedule your services with your participating dealer and they will handle the details

·
Registered
395 Posts
Flyn,
I’d imagine a dealer collecting top $ from the sale that happened few short weeks ago to be able (with the “blessing” of DNA) to roll you in to this program.
Did you talk to your dealer?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Flyn,
I’d imagine a dealer collecting top $ from the sale that happened few short weeks ago to be able (with the “blessing” of DNA) to roll you in to this program.
Did you talk to your dealer?
Nah read the wording, it only covers 2008 and 2009 models and of course the SF is 2010

Chris

·
Registered
96 Posts
Absolute BS! We all have enough financial concerns in this economy and then spending top dollar on SF to have them NOT roll us into the program will definitely have me reconsidering my desire to purchase the 1198S. I might have to consider the value of a CBR1000RR.:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Guys... this is not for the SF because the SF is a 2010 model not a 2009.
It is simply designed to help move existing stock, not new models.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's always the same,I always miss out on these little tasty morsels so now I just don't give a 5hit.........:eek:
Anyway,I doubt they will offer us anything in Rip-Off Britain.....:mad:

Sack the government......36% import duty goes to those lot....to pay for their 2nd homes,cleaning their Moats,TV's,maids,Blah,Blah,Blah.:mad:

The UK SFS is £13999.00 = $22,0000 :eek:so stop whinging about a free service will you.:mad:
Fuel here is £1.00/ltr which equals £4.56p/gall. 3.785 ltrs to a US gallon.which is £3.78.5p /US Gall.
Let's say you're paying $2.50c/US gal. = £1.59/US gal

You Sceptic Tanks don't know you're born.......:)

Rant Over.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
$13,999 with VAT or plus VAT???? ....... $13,999 at todays x-rate = approx $22,500 US$
US price for the S is $18,999 plus tax = approx $20,700 (tax varies city to city). This isn't any cheaper unless you quoted a pre tax price.
As far as fuel goes.... yes most people in the US complain unjustifiably about the price when they have no idea just how cheap it is. I fill my Volvo XC90 and laugh at how cheap it is here. (compared to back in Australia and New Zealand).
Some people do appreciate the fact that things are cheap here in the US so its not completely fair to label all septic tanks that way ............ just as it isn't fair to label all "poms", "whingers"
Perhaps if we all ask nicely we can get the first service thrown in free????

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Well, I have to be honest and say I was offered the same..... my comment was for those still in purchasing mode in the hope they can get a slightly better deal from their dealer.... it never hurts to ask but always pays to ask politely.

·
Registered
169 Posts
$13,999 with VAT or plus VAT???? ....... $13,999 at todays x-rate = approx $22,500 US$
US price for the S is $18,999 plus tax = approx $20,700 (tax varies city to city). This isn't any cheaper unless you quoted a pre tax price.
As far as fuel goes.... yes most people in the US complain unjustifiably about the price when they have no idea just how cheap it is. I fill my Volvo XC90 and laugh at how cheap it is here. (compared to back in Australia and New Zealand).
Some people do appreciate the fact that things are cheap here in the US so its not completely fair to label all septic tanks that way ............ just as it isn't fair to label all "poms", "whingers"
Perhaps if we all ask nicely we can get the first service thrown in free????
The price is inc of 15% GAT (Gin and Tonic)
And yes,I'm a Whinging Pom.
I'm not generallising,my bro's a sceptic now so you can't all be bad......
Well at least I know one or two from the 350m that's ok..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just found out the price for Australia $32000 SFS plus on road cost, so at todays exchange rate
British pounds = 15 986
US Dollars = 25 520

So who's getting ripped off now ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeh, I saw the only SF in Australia at Frasers in Sydney on Saturday. It cant be ridden and is doing a tour of the country. No deliveries or test ride until sometime in July and A$33000 on road for the SFS. Would you like the full Termis for only $5000 more?

Cant help but feel we get ripped of by the importer here.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Slight thread jacking here but.......
It is a fact that since the current Australian importer assumed control of Ducati distribution in Australia and New Zealand they have wound the prices up. All the more reason for any of you guys down under to let me help you with any accessories including Termis etc.....
If you want to buy at US prices email me...
I will assist you with advice.
You can buy via your credit card.
You can ship to my business address.
Goods will be checked, inspected, photographed, photos will be emailed to you and items will be packed for intl freight.
Will be sent to you by your preferred method (I recommend Fedex or UPS only since it is trackable and insured).

So ..
take the US$ cost, convert to Australian dollars (check the x-rate with your bank or credit card company), get onto the Fedex website and calculate freight costs. Add to this your duty and sales tax if applicable (call customs in Oz) and that is your landed price...
I have imported and exported for years so everything will be packed properly by me ..... and I am anal about details so it will be done well...

·
Bon Vivant
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK the offer is for 08 and 09 models only so I'm not really upset about it.
It only cover the first year and that will be just the 600 mile service anyway for me, not a big deal.

·
Registered
24 Posts
HI Way,

I was quoted A$27000 on road for the non S SF.

It is worse now that price quoted must be the On Road cost by law. It means that they can hide their sneeky dealer deliveries etc. I don't think that this law has helped Aussie buyers at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts