Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have a tshirt from my local BMW dealer with the S1000RR on it......ok I know it's not a Duc. relax.

It's a size medium.....I am 5'8" and 11 stone and it's just too big for me.

I would like to send it off as a gift to one of the guys or gals on this forum that will get some use out of it....( cleaning rag perhaps?) postage world wide free.

It goes to the best answer to:

Why my girlfriend should not paint my sport tank and solo seat cowl...KERMIT GREEN....and have KERMO across the back of the solo cowl.

Cheers Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
Why no kermit

Hi Guys,

I have a tshirt from my local BMW dealer with the S1000RR on it......ok I know it's not a Duc. relax.

I would like to send it off as a gift to one of the guys or gals on this forum that will get some use out of it....( cleaning rag perhaps?) postage world wide free.

Why my girlfriend should not paint my sport tank and solo seat cowl...KERMIT GREEN....and have KERMO across the back of the solo cowl.

Cheers Roger
When kermit road a bike it was Red, for the Never Produced "MUPPET HIGH" show about Muppets as High School Students.

Even when he rode a bicycle it was red.

His scooter was red.

She will have to wear a Kermit costume like below.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
You are screwed !!!

Hey Roger,

The way I see it is you a basically screwed on this issue.

From comments you have made, I believe you are a 50 year old with a 32 year old girlfriend, so if you want to keep the girlfriend, you are going to be making a lot of big sacrifices. Sorry :(

Rob

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Ride

Hi Guys,

Cheers Roger
Perhaps if you rode Miss Piggy instead of the Duc once in a while she would focus on painting the ceiling instead.

Sorry--sick mind sometimes.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The last 3 members obviously have enough clothes/ cleaning rags!

She is only with me because I have a heart of gold...and I am 52 not fifty...get it right.

Is NOBODY on my side with this issue.....this is serious guys.

Do you want me to ROCK up at a GAY COMANCHERO meeting on a lime green bike....

I need help brothers ( and any sisters that may understand the devious mind games at work here)

Someone please help.

·
Registered
2010 Hyper
153 Posts
Because Kermit's nickname is Kermie, not KERMO. Nobody would get the reference. Also, bikes are better named after women than men, or for that matter frogs. I recommend naming your bike after your girlfriend, I named mine after my wife... I love her.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmm...bit like a tattoo....it's on there for life.

The Kermo....was a mix of DESMO ( which is what I would have painted like the factory back in black edition) and that green TV frog.....:eek:

I am on shaky ground here....

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Tell her that none of your friends will play with you anymore if you paint your bike green !!!

On a serious note, how about a compromise? Hailwood replica colors !!! She gets some green, and you will definitely be maintaining Ducati tradition.

Rob

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tell her that none of your friends will play with you anymore if you paint your bike green !!!
Rob
On a serious note, how about a compromise? Hailwood replica colors !!! She gets some green, and you will definitely be maintaining Ducati tradition.

Rob.....you are obviously single/unattached...and have never met my Southern Highland belle.....COMPROMISE is not in her vocabulary...unless it's me that's doing the compromising.

Speaking of famous riders....Mighty **** and Wayne Gardener were entertaining the crowd at Phillip Island MotoGP...**** was on a Repsol Honda like mine and popped a lovely wheelie in front of our box. Roechelle said at the top of her voice...."Rog....if you could get it up like that I would be yours forever" :eek:
The whole box erupted in laughter....all except me anyway!

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
You picked the wrong Southern Highland belle :D I have an agreement with mine, I don't question her wardrobe, she doesn't question my bike :D

What's her definition of a green bike? I know it would be more work than you were perhaps planning on, but green tank and tail on a red frame could look cool.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Posted first.

I am on your side :) I posted three examples of how a green ducati wouldnt "match" what Kermit drove himself. From a fashion standpoint green isn't the proper color.

And usually and younger woman is with the older guys because he is interesting and know what he wants, and is stable, and he has the confidence to say what he likes.

Perhaps it's really a test. If you give in on this, what other convictions might you give in on?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Red Frame

OMG ROB.....don't mention frames can be painted...she will have the donk out of it quicker than you can say Miss Piggy loves Kermie...

Dashzero......the car is staying silver OK ! No orange wheels, no poofy stuff.....

I loved you first post....man that was quick...very good.

Certainly a lot more supportive than...." you're screwed"

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm Major.....one small point is the 696 I traded whilst owned by my company....was bought for her to ride....then she started wanting to ride the GT more and more...and I was spending a lot of time on the 696. Not a bad thing either...just a bit small...so I was looking at trading it in on a M1100S...but ended up with the Japper...that she won't ride.

In a weak moment I suggested she could paint the GT any color ( not thinking for a moment she would pick kermit green)

I pointed out green cars and bikes are bad luck....so that's good proof....excellent work.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Tell her that the last bike you owned which was green drove the ladies crazy - they wouldn't leave you alone.

You had to sell it just to get a full night's sleep once in a while.

Cheers,

Brett

1 - 20 of 36 Posts