Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NB: The following is a not-for-profit club trip restricted to sport bikes and naked bikes of character, with a preference for European makes and models.

--
We have created this tour for those who crave the excitement and adrenaline of twisting mountain roads. We will spin through more than 34 mountain passes in and around the Alps during 6 to 7 days of curves and breath-taking vistas between Lake Geneva and the Mediterranean Sea.

== Highlights ==
Corner-packed mountains roads, 34 passes (Izoard, Bonette, Iserand, Lautaret, Galibier…), the highest road in Europe (Cime de la Bonette - 9,200ft), the Route Napoleon, the Verdon Gorge, the Mont Ventoux...

== Tour starts/ends in ==
Thonon-les-Bains, a picturesque French spa town located on the south shore of Lake Geneva.

== Tour duration ==
7 days/nights.

== Days riding ==
7 with the possibility to rest in the Cannes area on Day 4 of the tour.

== Mileage ==
290-360 km (180-225 miles) per day.

== Road conditions ==
Excellent. NB: the whole tour runs on asphalt.

== Accommodation ==
Accommodation is planned in comfortable, reasonably-priced hotel-restaurants providing quality service, authenticity and the discovery of local specialties.

== Overnight stays ==
Thonon-les-Bains, Lanslebourg-Mont-Cenis, Barcelonnette, Grasse (x2 nights), Sault and Aix-les-Bains.

== Conditions for participation ==
A good spirit, a good riding equipment, and a naked bike or sport bike of character, with a preference for a European make and model. NB: top boxes are not allowed on this tour (they hurt our feelings too much). Pillion riders are not encouraged (we prefer to see girls behind the handlebars).

== Maximum number of bikes ==
12, with 2 groups on the road once we reach a number of 8 bikes.

== Budget ==
Count around €70 per night and per person, including half-board accommodation on twin room basis, travel insurance, custom-made itineraries, and English-speaking trip leader throughout the whole trip.

Contact me for booking and more information.

Regards,

·
Registered
748 Posts
^^^ Sounds inviting and all the best with your venture.
30 years ago I would have jumped on that. Sorry to f'n old now friend.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^ Sounds inviting and all the best with your venture.
30 years ago I would have jumped on that. Sorry to f'n old now friend.
I see you are in Cap d'Antibes. Feel free to join for a day on the backroads around Cannes at least.

Cheers,
Max

·
Registered
748 Posts
I see you are in Cap d'Antibes. Feel free to join for a day on the backroads around Cannes at least.

Cheers,
Max
Absolutely. I'm in and out of the country on business all the time, but if I'm around, we'll catch up for that leg of your tour.
Definitely some good riding to be had there...;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts